Drake & The Game

We'll Help Pay for Funerals

After 5 Kids Die In Tragic Ohio Housefire

9/17/2013 2:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0817_drake_game_tmz
Drake and The Game are teaming up to help cover funeral costs for 6 people -- including 5 young siblings -- who died in a tragic house fire in Ohio ... even though the rappers didn't know the victims.

The Game got the ball rolling after learning about Anna Angel -- who was working her shift at Burger King when a fire consumed her home while her 5 young children and her boyfriend were trapped inside. There were no survivors.

0917_annas_family_insatgram
Game Instagram'd about the tragedy ... saying, "I can deal with a lot of things but people losing their children is something that kills me every time."

The Game -- who recently pledged to donate $1 million dollars to people in need as part of his Robin Hood project -- says he was on the phone with Drake when he read about the woman's loss ... and they each agreed to donate $10,000 to help Anna cover the burial costs.

Drake later posted about the situation ... saying, "What [The Game] is doing will never be forgotten. Honored to be able to help people along side my brother."

In addition to their $20K ... the producers of Game'sTV show, "Marrying the Game" also pitched in $2,500.

As we previously reported, Game recently donated several thousand dollars to help out with another funeral after a 6-year-old girl was shot and killed in front of her home. Snoop also pitched in after learning about Game's contribution.

Peter Popoff

Say what you want but this dude Game is there giving everytime I see a tragic kid story.. I might have to Legally download his album

blockboy970

Let me explain stupid white ppl...the coverage they get may encourage other artist to do the same so the media talking about it is a gd thing idiots...

djnye2010

This actually happened in my home town and im just amazed at how much national attention this tragedy is getting.

blockboy970

White ppl are so stupid

blockboy970

Not all but most...hehe

fastdriver

It's about time they did something positive with their money instead of throwing it around in strip clubs or putting it up their nose! MORE celebrities should take note and pay it forward! MAYBE this is a start! I mean- how many houses does a celebrity need?

Brian

This is very kind and generous of them to help Anna out like this. I am hoping more people come forward and help find and maybe donate towards a new home for her to live in and not a trailer. I am sure she is going thru a state of shock and its going to take a long time for her to feel any better after such a big loss of her family.

Ohiolover

To the rude people out there. If you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all. One day you could have everything taken away from you. Watch what you say. It is amazing that someone reached out and helped like this.

Dirttrack00

This story really makes me have faith in humanity...hopefully other celebrities will follow their lead in these situations:)

Geddylea

This is so generous and kind of him. If i had money, i would do things like this too. Good for him trying to make a difference.

Tina

This is one of the best things that anyone could ever do for a family. It is so sad to have to watch a mother bury not only one but 5 of her children. I could never imagine, and to think that these men took the time out to do something so special, you guys are truly special and have shown many that there are still great people in this world. You guys are ANGELS something that many will never forget. Good things happen to those that do not expect anything in return. God Bless :)

Ashwood1269

I live in the town where this tragedy occurred. For anyone, let along two people not associated with the family or community to be so generous is amazing! Thank you.

Tina

Im sure you are Angels to her right now, I could never imagine burying my child let alone all of them, so sad and to think that there are still good people out there to help someone is such a time. You know what you have done is a good thing and that is what matters, you are always going to have someone negative to put you down, I will say I am not sure who you are (am sure my boys do though) but am proud that you did what you did!

Diego

Wow, who cares of they're public with how they're helping. Maybe it will encourage others to do the same. I'm sure people complaining are the same people that never pay it forward. These are good dudes doing good things for people who need it... And they're doing it without judgement.

joke