Zac Efron

Rehab For

Big Coke Problem

9/18/2013 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0917-zac-efron-getty
Zac Efron
did NOT go to rehab for alcohol abuse -- it was far more serious, because multiple sources tell TMZ he had a serious cocaine addiction.

Zac completed his stint in rehab earlier this year.  We're told the problem spiraled out of control during the filming of Seth Rogen's movie "Neighbors," which was shot during a narrow time frame beginning in April.

Sources tell us Zac -- who also starred in the movie -- was a no-show on a number of days.  As one source connected with the film tells us, "It was common knowledge he was struggling with cocaine."

Three other sources confirm ... Zac's problem was rooted in cocaine, but say he also dabbled in Molly -- a pure form of Ecstasy, and a popular drug in clubs and raves.

We're told ... early this year, Zac and some friends went on a coke rager in a room at the SkyLofts at the MGM Grand in Vegas ... and caused around $50k in damage. No word on who took care of the bill.

We contacted Zac's rep ... she said, "Don't think we'll be making a comment."

0917_zac_efron_seth_rogen_neighbors_set_splash_v3

0917_zac_efron_through_footer_v4

lynz27

I am in shock- He is amazing- unbelievable star power - the "James Dean" of the decade only better- I hope the right people make an entrance into his life for good- Recognizing those people who can influence for good instead of harm- takes a few falls, reaching bottom- How does this happen? or how many have become a statistic- Do people Ever Ever overcome drug addiction- Obviously, I know absolutely Nothing- I try to pray but as one who struggles all the time with God, not sure if he listens? (He does, I'm not always that receptive) can't spell, sorry.
What I am attempting to say, is that I love Mr. Efron's acting- intensity, style and hope he will succeed. But please, lets not be so judgmental- especially when someone is down and their humanity is speaking- Again, I know nothing and can barely speak to the issues- but we can offer a moment of prayer- we can support him with expressing our gratitude for being a terrific actor and providing enjoyable moments of escape during these difficult times. Thank you Mr. Efron- Please don't give up- Surround your life with those who do good and not harm- Lynz2727

Carmen

I see coke is making its debut again. Coke was overshadowed by prescription drugs use thanks to the majority of celebrities.

Jay

That's a huge disappointment, WHAT is wrong with all these dumb idiots that get messed up with drugs? Drugs are everywhere, college, clubs, so-called friends etc., you just have to have the self respect to say NO and walk away, too many people are followers, loser sheep, pathetic!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I swear if Zac efron turns up dead because of a cocaine overdose, i think i might actually die.

IfYouSaySo

He played a young Mattew Perry in a movie ... Maybe they didn't yell ..CUT!

Mary

It is true that Tom Welling and Zac snorted coke together in dallas? or some people are making that up?

lil-twisted

Cocaine. So edgy.

LACEY

He looks like a short middle age man now, that has bone loss (the pic of him holding the ball) yuk. eew , not cute at all.

BOHOE

Now we know the called it "High" school musical ...

Paddy

He's got the world by the balls living the dream as a well known movie star and they're gonna find his corpse alone in a hotel room dead from an overdose..so sad!!!

CaliCakes702

WTF? Lay off the cocaine people. I won't feel sorry for his ass when he ODs alone Cory Monteith style.

sissara

Praying for Zack..

niknik

Praying for u zac! Hope u do rite n take care of urself!

lynz27

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

50 Gs for an outdated suite at the MGM Grand? What did he take a flamethrower to it? They named their price knowing he would pay to keep it quiet. I bet his dealer is sitting on a kings ransom of Disney $ as well. He can kiss his adult acting career goodbye now. Dumbass.