'Big Brother' Star Aaryn Gries

I'm Working Out My Racist Demons

9/20/2013 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0920-Aaryn-Gries-cbs
"Big Brother" contestant Aaryn Gries is finally coming clean, admitting she talks like a racist ... but she insists it doesn't make her one.

Gries tells TMZ she's been making racial jokes for years  ... but had no idea they were offensive because "no one had expressed that I was taken that way."

Gries says she wishes someone had warned her before going into the BB house ...  that making these "jokes" on national TV would paint her as a big ol' racist.

"I am not a racist," she says, adding, "Sometimes you can say mindless things that will haunt you."

Aaryn also apologized for throwing Texas under the bus when Julie Chen asked if she was a racist during her exit interview from the house -- explaining, "Blaming Texas was the biggest mistake I made ... I was in defense mode."

Guess Aaryn forgot about the gay housemate she called a "queer" ... and all the Asian people she mocked ... and the African Americans ...

070813_big_brother_launh

sjb

Mommy and Daddy haired people to teach her what to say...They were with her after the show ended in the back yard interviews...She was raised a racists she will never change

Mickey

I've seen the clips that are causing people to claim she is a racist. In all honesty, I don't see her as being a racist. She's just a girl who was screwing around. I feel like our society has become way to over sensitive. Just because someone is screwing around and making a joke, doesn't make them a racist. The clip of her looking like she was doing an impression of her talikg/acting like a "black girl", does it not occur to anyone that she was just making fun of the girl she was arguing with. I think she would have mimicked whoever she was arguing with. If it would had been anyone else in tge house she probably mimicked that persons body language. But just because this person happend to be black, that automatically makes her a racist. I know she also made that reference to a aisian people with her eyes. Honestly though, are there any non-Asian people who can say they have never done that eye think before in their life. I know when I was a kid, I used to do it when I was just messing atound. I think there may have even been a game or something we did when I was in kindergarten or elementary school where we did that. Also, for us white people, how many people can honestly say that we haven't made a stereotypical black impression. Come on people, stop being so freaking sensitive. What she did is so completely small compared to what Daniel Tosh does on a regular basis, and no one is out to burn him at the stake. I'm not a racist whatsoever, but I've done stupid imitation s when I'm joking around. I've even done them around my mexican and black friends and we all just laugh about it because we I aren't so freaking sensitive. Is there a problem with racism in this country, of course there is. But let's not nake suchbig deals out of nnothing

Jay W.

This isn't the first time nor will it be the last... that someone with an intention to offend will use ethnic slurs. She's just a young girl who took the wrong approach in delivering insults.

Jay W.

Poor choice of words and racism aside... it would be a delight to run it up in her. Very attractive girl.

Jamey Hunter

It's called damage control. Squeeze out a few tears, trembling little lip, and all is forgotten. Afraid not, Bimbo

cherries

Why does nobody blame the producers who cast these ppl

TB

IF it walks like a duck quacks like a duck IT'S A ****ING DUCK!!

Bad Parenting

What does this say about this person that her parents had to hire a PR firm to coach her the second she got out of the house???
Seriously??? How does a well educated person on a reality show need a PR firm other then the fact that the parents know what a bad person she really is inside and she needs help to hide it so se may have a chance to cash in for her BB participation. Her arrogance is unacceptable and I do not she any commercial future for this truly terrible arrogant and condescending human.

Very sad and I hope the 15 seconds has come and gone for good for this horrible child. No place in the public for mean spirited people.

Annie

Plain and simple. She is an ignorant, mean girl. What a horrible combination.

Bad Parenting

How many of these supportive comments were submitted from Mommy and Daddy's PR firm hired to hide the ugly truth about this spoiled brat they raised?

She is a product of bad Parenting!!!!

Ricardo Marquez

Racist just like the majority of NAACP members

Yurra Knutz

OK... So where the black guys sex tape at?

Jah36

I don't think it's a matter of her forgetting about the homosexual. She probably just didn't touch on that topic since sexual behavior has nothing to do with race.

Lucky Lucy

She's not sorry about what she said. She's just sorry she got busted.

Yurra Knutz

I hope I never need a PR firm. But if I do ever need one... I would not hire the one that she is using. Is claiming "I'm not a racist but if I am a racist, I'm working on it" the best that they can advise?

Hope she gets a refund because so far... the public seems a bit chilly on wanting relations with Texas Girl.