« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-Boxing Champ Arrested

Cabbie Told Cops ...

'That Drunk F***' Ripped Me Off

9/20/2013 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0920_kelly_pavlik_mugshot
Former middleweight boxing champ Kelly Pavlik was arrested today after allegedly stiffing a cab driver in Ohio -- and the police report is HILARIOUS.

The cabbie called cops immediately after Kelly allegedly bailed on his fare early Wednesday morning in Canfield, and when police arrived at the scene ... the cabbie told officers he had been "ripped off by that drunk f*** Kelly Pavlik."

According to the cabbie, he had picked Kelly up at a nearby bar and driven him home -- resulting in a $25 fare -- but Kelly didn't feel like paying, telling him, "F*** you guys. I'm not paying you. Go f*** yourselves." Pavlik then disappeared into his house.

Pavlik was eventually arrested today for failing to show up to court to answer to the cabbie's complaint.

0920_kelly_pavlik_01

We mentioned Pavlik is an ex-middleweight champ, right?

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

DOC

All I can say on a personal basis is that Kelly can be one of the nicest people anywhere. I have known him for years. Those are facts. As for this "reporting", the truth will come out.

realtalk

That's what happen to u when your boxing career sucks. He spend all of his money on booze.

Clytemnestra

The cabbie got you home in one piece, pay up! And cabbies know drunk when they see it so. No doubt, you were. Jerk.

Sosmooth

John 3:16

NOT ELMO

Kelly Pavlik was arrested today........................I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!

get real

I REPORTED THIS STORY TO TMZ TIP LINE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DID NOT GET A CALL BACK OR COMPENSATION>>>>>>> NEVER GIVE TMZ A TIP? THEY STEAL>>>>>

tonywestspeaks!

Real news...keep up the good work TMZ. :)

rico suavy

Heb was punch drunk

uglyRU

Whaat a white guy trying to get over? Noooo way

Dead account Delete at will

not to say I never ditched on a cab fare in my youth but to do it at your own house giving them your address is just plain stupid.

KTK1260

He's no Mancini, that's for sure.

CrazylikeaFOX

FUG fo'sure.. Three bagger!!! Let me xplain kiddos- a bag for his face, my face, and whomever else is in the room

Fantastic Four

"For Pavlik's part, he reportedly said he refused to pay because the cabbie was driving like a lunatic and he feared for his safety."

Subpoena the cabbies phone GPS history.. if he was exceeding the speed limit, they've got a record of it.

aB*

Canfield, OH is a few miles from me & I have tended bar in that same area. This is so sad tho because Kelly WAS a really good & talented boxer. He had a few restaurants & i've heard he's a good guy, BUT an alcoholic which is the result of his downfall.

MCA

TMZ - do your homework you have received incomplete information there is much more to this story - bad reporting!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments