Scott Thorson

Persona Non Grata

At Emmys

9/20/2013 3:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0920-scott-thorson-emmysScott Thorson -- a central character in the HBO movie, "Behind the Candelabra" which has 16 nominations -- is getting anything BUT fabulous treatment, because he's NOT invited to the Emmys.

An Emmy official tells TMZ --  it's simple ... Thorson -- who is played by Emmy nominee Matt Damon  ... doesn't have a ticket and the event is sold out.

It's not as if Liberace's former lover -- who's currently in an outpatient facility for drug abuse -- didn't want to go.  TMZ obtained a letter dated August 8th and written by Scott's drug counselor, asking a drug court judge to give him a weekend pass to attend the Emmys.

Rather than feeling snubbed, Scott now says it's a good idea that he stay away from Hollywood -- too tempting, and all that.

You may recall ... Scott recently tested positive for meth.  He could have gone to jail on a probation violation but the judge showed him mercy and ordered him to continue outpatient drug counseling.

Livvie

How exactly is he persona non grata if he can't get a ticket to a sold out event? If he were barred or banned is one thing but he isn't. M.o.r.o.n.s. at TMZ need to look up what phrases mean before using them.

duilama

OMG, that is so true. I could totally understand what Scott is saying and agree. Didn't Whitney die of a drug overdose at the eve of Grammy?

I can also understand and agree what Scott said about MJ!!!!

MJ had a tiny penis
-Scott Thorson

That remains my favorite quote of all time. Thank you for telling the truth, Mr. Thorson!

Kabala

Douglas' portrayal of Liberace is embarrassing. Liberace was one of a kind - like Cher, Elton John and Bette Midler.

Kabala

I don't know... Did they invite Charles Manson to the Emmys when Helter Skelter was on? LOL

svt

Liberace must be looking down on Scott still. Have a drink Scott!!

Bob

I thought he was back in prison again and not in rehab. I guess he got back out. I think he should stay in rehab if that's where he is, or in the hospital if he needs cancer treatments. I do think he should have been invited to the awards show since one of the movies nominated focuses on a large part of his life, but I don't think he should have gone if he was invited.

CrazylikeaFOX

Zzzzzzzz...... Yawn... Cough cough... Zzzzzzz

boo boo

Hollywood phonies are tweekers too. Also Matt Damon buggs bigtime. Pretty sure my Grammy isn't going to wanna watch this.

MildredDavis

Why shouldn't he be invited! Everyone is addicted to something. The movie is based on his book! That's chicken **** of the academy not to invite him! The movie was awesome! #teamscott

mozart

yet people like matthew broderick they have no problem with even though he ran over and murdered two people and got away with it. that's hollywood for you.

Ray8

Michael Douglas and Matt Damon making out was kind of surprising and weird. Did not expect such major starts to except those rolls. A little surprised the movie was nominated for 16 Emmys but I guess I should not be considering this is Hollywood.

retroarama

In the 1950s Liberace was the heart throb to millions of housewives and teenagers, receiving 10,000 fan letters each week, but he was clearly deeply in the closet albeit one lit by a candelraba. Find out What Liberace “Wants in a Woman” in a 1954 article you can read in Liberace:In the Candelraba Lit Closet

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2