Cory Monteith's Mom

Klugman's Son is Wrong

My Son Deserves This

9/22/2013 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0922_cory_monteith_getty
Cory Monteith's mom thinks Jack Klugman's son has it all wrong -- because Cory could have been the next Jack Klugman had he lived.

Ann McGregor thinks Adam Klugman is being unfair, telling TMZ her son is absolutely worthy of getting a special in memoriam honor at tonight's Emmy Awards ... even though Jack isn't getting one.

Ann tells us she believes you cannot judge worthiness by a person's age because her son was on a path of greatness -- not only with his acting and singing abilities ... but with the charitable work he did.

Ann tells us, "If he had lived 30 more years he would have accomplished much more."

Ann believes Adam Klugman is misdirected ... and thinks its coming from a place of a son who loves and misses his father.

FYI -- Ann isn't going to the Emmys tonight and won't even watch because she says it's too painful.

Uh oh i am screwed

WTH? Cory is dead because of his own stupidity. He was on one teeny bopper show.

Jack lived to be 90 and contributed so much to the television world.

There is no comparing the two.

Ms messy

I could of been president or an astronaut if I stayed in school. Woulda coulda doesn't prove he could of been a great actor. Being a drug addict proves he could of been the next dead actor.

Ginger

No he doesn't

Carriejane

Now we should give awards for what people "could have done" ?? Is she serious ?

Kelly

If Corey was all that, why was never nominated for an Emmy?

Observer

Really??
Klugman has 'ACCOMPLISHMENTS' in the field...
Cory..... Nothing Close!
Sorry Lady, we understand you love your son, yet you are Waaay off base here. Time to be quiet cause your making a fool of yourself and your son.

Bill

Shoulda, woulda, coulda. But we will never know.
Unfortunately he never became more then an actor on a sitcom that over dosed. No one will remember him in 10 years besides his loved ones.

Nick

I saw Jack's Ghos Ship episode of Twilight Zone a couple of weeks ago and I swear it brought tears to my eyes! Glee? Right!

Kabala

Another Jack Klugman? I hope not. JK was a good and likeable actor but different thane Cory Monteith. What are the Emmys without some controversy.

kitty

"but with the charitable he work he did"

WHAT?!

lola

An honor is given on what someone has ACCOMPLISHED, not what a mother THINKS her son would have accomplished, had he not been a DRUG ADDICT. She is ridiculous.

Frederick96

It's sad when a life is lost, but most people didn't know who Cory was unless they watched Glee. His death is indeed tragic, but to single him out is unfair to the others. Jack Klugman and Larry Hagman deserved a special tribute. These two have accomplished so much.It's a slap in the face. I never even heard of Cory! But I still find it sad. I feel for all the families, but to not have a tribute to stars of Quincy, Odd Couple, I Dream of Jeannie, and Dallas!

WhenIWantYourOpinionI'llGiveItToYou

Ann McGregor is delusional...just like the rest of the freaks in Hollywood. Her son was a mediocre actor/singer AT BEST and did us all a favor by overdosing. Too bad the rest of Hollywood doesn't do the same.

sasha

If he were my son, I would say the same thing. The reality is that there are no "ifs" in an award this big! Either he made it to the end or didn't! He didn't!
I am saddened that the Emmy's didn't stand true to the awards. I have truly lost respect......and probably so has Cory. He knows the truth and reality!

sasha