« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

M.I.A.

I'm Taking Super Bowl Heat

For Slutty Cheerleaders

9/23/2013 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

M.I.A. is refusing to pay the NFL a dime for flashing her middle finger during the Super Bowl last year ... because she thinks a group of crotch-flashing cheerleaders were way more offensive.

The singer posted a video today, claiming the girls -- who shared the stage with M.I.A. and Madonna -- were all under 16 with their "hips thrusted in the air, legs wide open, in this very sexually provocative position."

Watch the video ... M.I.A. kinda comes off like a tool, saying she was just being "punk rock" -- while the girls were really outta line.

If you missed it ... the NFL has been in a secret legal battle with the 38-year-old singer over the bird flip ... with the league demanding she pay $1.5 million for breach of contract.

Doesn't sound like M.I.A. plans to bow -- she referred to the whole mess as a "powerful corporation d**k shaking."

092313_mia_superbowl_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jballs

I agree little s.luts with their legs open is way more offensive.

Max

Seeing as she bastardized a Clash song to pimp her talentless lump of a ripoff artist self, I hope she loses every penny. Who buys worthless ripoff crap like this?

Derek Vickers

I agree with her. It's a fuggin middle finger. Who the hell cares. Its a finger. A fuggin finger.

Dead account Delete at will

When you book trash you get trash.
Why don't people realize it isn't a act. They truly are stupid in real life and think their "gansta" and do not have a clue how to be professional or even what professional is. Unless you count hookers. Stop hiring these jack ass people

tgrfan42069

who is M.I.A never heard of her before the super bowl or after.

Passion Of The Taint

AWWWW! Poor tard is not making money these days, because you are a narcissist.
Who gives a rats ass!

harvey is racist

she has a point ...

you have naked girls gyrating with their anus in the air but you're mad because of a finger

the real funny part is how many people didnt even realize what she did until they started to point it out ..over and over again..

i remember watching the superbowl and being offline for a day and thought nothing of it, came back online and it was everywhere..i had to watch the video to confirm..its not that serious.

NOT ELMO

M.I.A. kinda comes off like a tool...........................M.I.A. IS A NO CLASS SKANK

Dave

Should have to pay every football fan for having to put up with that craptastic halftime show!

Jordan

M.I.A will lose in court she signed a contract with the NFL. It does not matter what the Network said or the FCC, Before a NFL Player Puts on a Uniform they have to sign a contract with the NFL it covers everything from off field to on field and if they are caught they have to Pay fines or suspensions, So her Defense is BOGUS.

Johnny Carcinoma

I wish MIA went M.I.A.

It really was offensive and pointless. Trying to cast blame on others is sad and desperate.

I don't know that they can collect, but I hope they do.

Tessa

She knew fully well what she did was against the rules. Why does she have to try and put the blame on someone else. She's the one who broke the rules, she needs to take responsibility for herself and her actions. She got FREE publicity, TIME TO PAY UP for your OWN trouble causing acts.

Azi

These videos were vile, disgusting and makes Miley Cyrus' routines look tame.

J

I used to this she was progressive, strong and going to pave the way for a new genre of music, BUT after the one album I realized she is a out of tune, moron, who has difficulty understanding how the world works. Sorry MIA but your 15 minutes are up.

PG