Amanda Bynes

She's Mentally Unfit

To Stand Trial

9/24/2013 12:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0602-amanda-bynes-tmz-6
Amanda Bynes is mentally unfit to stand trial ... this according to her lawyer in her DUI case ... TMZ has learned.

Amanda was supposed to appear in court today for her DUI arrest in West Hollywood back in April, 2012. Amanda's lawyer, Rich Hutton, told the judge Amanda did not have the mental capacity to understand the nature of the legal proceedings.

The judge apparently had concern ... and transferred the matter to the mental health court.  The judge in that court will conduct a hearing to determine Amanda's mental competency.

Meanwhile, Amanda is getting long-term treatment after being placed under a conservatorship.

Here's video ... of a noticeably unstable Amanda climbing into her Range Rover last year.

092413_amanda_bynes_drunk_launch

0816_Amanda_bynes_crazy_twit_footer

Areader

I pray she's get well!

jeff mier

This is a tragedy she's the voice of a generation I'm so sad like suicidal call or text me to talk about it. Nine two five seven eight four eight zero six five Names tay

The Real JJ

She must be reeeeeally bad. I don't even think spears was locked down this long.

nof

More good news as she continues to improve.

God Bless she, her parents, her people.

Rob Zombie is King

I know America likes watching train wrecks, but I'm glad this chick is getting help finally.

Sili'LilSkoolgrl

I wonder if there is a history of mental illness in her family or if this could have been brought on by bad drugs. I thought she was improving but I guess not.

Astronut

I'm just glad she's off the street where she can no longer pose a threat. Hope she pulls out of this.

hardwhore

this **** is so crazy....she ****s her skirts in public...

Your S&M Girlfriend

That poor girl must be so far gone. It's really sad how everyone including her own family just let her go until she completely broke with reality.

TMZMember12

Oh ok...so she was mentally fit to get out of the mental ward a month or so ago?

PureRadiance

So glad to hear this child's getting the help she needs. Maybe the media can leave her alone now so she can get better without judgement from people & media folk!

Carl

Gotta love lawyers. Back when they were doing the conservatorship and putting her in a mental hospital the lawyer was insisting that she was fine, didn't need mental help, and should be set free. Of course this time it is better for her to be crazy since it gets her out of court, so that is what the lawyer claims!

Ever

Oh My God! Amanda is getting long-term treatment? Hope she get well

nof

Once we get to a point of Recognition.

i.e. That our wiring and circuitry went bad.

Once Insight returns - and it does, has and will.

Amanda will be bigger than ever.

Recovery from "Loss-of-Insight" is Exhilarating -

And the UCLA and N.P.I. people -?

Don't fail.

Have already figured it out.

I'm one of their many success stories ...

If you get to them and comply -guaranteed they fix you.

But can you admit you're not well - that's the trick.

shaun

How much do you want to be this is a well orchestrated attempt to get out of her dui and have a comeback after "rehabilitating". Think about it, its genius. I mean she is an actress after all. Well played Amanda, well played!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments