« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

Trashes His Father

Kardashians Are My Only Family

9/25/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0813-khloe-lamar-tmz
Lamar Odom is breaking his silence to rip his own father to shreds for claiming that Khloe Kardashian and her mother drove Lamar into crack addiction -- and he's also acknowledging, for the first time, he's in a "dark" place.

In the scathing message Lamar says, "How can a man who has NOT once called me to check on my well being have the nerve to talk so recklessly about his own 'son'. He is my downfall!"

Lamar's angry letter, posted on Twitter, is a response to a published interview with Lamar's father, Joe Odom, in which he claimed the Kardashians cursed Lamar, ruined his career, and put so much pressure on him that he turned to drugs.

Joe also called Kris Jenner "an evil bitch."

Lamar's retort to his dad -- who's also battled drug addiction -- continues, "I have let this man and many others get away with a lot of s**t. He wasn't there 2 raise me. He was absent ALL of my life due to his own demons."

And Khloe's estranged husband fiercely defends her family, saying ... "He disrespecting the ONLY FAMILY that has loved me without expecting anything in return. They are the ONLY ones that have been here consistently 4 me during this dark time."

By "dark time" he could mean separation from Khloe, but as we've been telling you ... Lamar is deep in the grips of drug addiction -- so it could also be his first public admission of that battle.

Lamar added ... his father's "demons may be the ONLY thing he gave 2 me."

As for his current struggles -- addiction, marriage, basketball career -- Lamar says, "Only person 2 blame is myself. Say what you want about me but leave the ones who have done nothing but protect and love me out of this!"

0913_lamar_odom_through_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Carriejane

Ooo **** !! Now what the f*ck do all you people blaming \hating on the Kardashians got to say ?? now you hear it straight from his mouth !

Kabala

Praising the Kartrashians as his only family? That is very sad.

LakersFan

This idiot wants to claim the Karsashians as his only family because they have been there for him and expect nothing in return and love him. I guess his 2 kids mean nothing to him since they aren't part of his "ONLY FAMILY."

christy

I truly Believe Lamar enjoyed the tight knit family of the K clan regardless what anyone says! I think him and Rob were brothers and respected and loved each other a real family. I loved watching these 2 boys together, they seemed happy as did Khloe and Lamar. Make fun if you want. But Lamar knows where is father was growing up. Remember during the show he was the dad only calling for money and new shoes! I wish Lamar the best

Eileen

He calls the Kardashians the only family that has ever loved him? I truly feel bad for him. He really has no idea what a loving family is.

Quiet

all talk and no action.. so is he still living in his bachelor pad and steel wool scrubbers he uses for drug pipes? or did he move back home with klhoe.. blah blah blah.

Quiet

so has he moved back home to his only loving family??? oh wait >> klhoe threw him out... but.. oh they love him like the family he ever had.. he still hasnt moved home to that loving family though has he? when you see him move back home or when you see he files divorce papers please let us know.. no change here.

Wolfperm

Lamar Odom couldn't even step forward to defend himself as a man, an athlete, or a father. He has not publicly address or defended his wife or the rest of the Kardashians throughout this entire ordeal... crickets for the past few months... but now that his father has come forward to defend his son to the public... by stating the obvious. He breaks his silence to defend the individuals who have contributed to his demise on a personal and professional level.

I don't care what your father has done... he will always be your father no matter what... he is your family... your children are your family... your flesh and blood. You should have learned that from the Kardashians as they all came together to throw your ass under the bus. Their secrets are still their secrets but your life... your career... will never be what it once was. They didn't stand by you... they used you until something better came along (Kanye). You seem to be very confused and I am very disappointed in how you have handled this entire situation.

Satan

Seriously, who cares? He's a crap basketball player that shouldn't be signed to any team. He's a fool, a druggie, and an idiot. Please, Lamar Chodeum, just retire and spend your nights doing crack. You're better at that than layups.

Eileen

This whole statement has Kris Jenners paw prints all over it. Lamar, a real family doesn't sell stories to the tabloids if they love you. All the Kardashians love is themselves and their "brand."

LightJ

Yeah way to leave out your mother, grandmother, ex girlfriend/the mother of your children and oh wait your children right?? You do know you still have them too right??

BlackAnonmous1982

His dad needs to shut up! I live in Jamaica, Queens. I work on Jamaica Ave. We see his dad all the time. He walks thru here often. You can clearly see he is on drugs or an ex druggie. Before I saw him on the Chloe & Lamar show I would see him all the time on Jamaica Avenue. (He would come into my fiancé store) His height will make him stick out in any crowd. He is very tall and thin like Lamar. I remember thinking to myself this man is on drugs. He looked more like a crack head. Then I was shocked to see him on the show. I was like ohh that is Lamars dad! I learned on the show it was a heroin addiction . Long story short you can tell he battles his own problems so he needs to shut up and stop trying to blame others for his sons problem that he himself probably help created. The Kardashians may not be perfect but one thing you can not deny is they love hard when it comes to their own family. I doubt Kris Jenner would want to embarrass her daughter with a drug scandal. I believe they are probably trying to help him but Lamar seems to have alot of dark problems. I remember he always had the munchies on the show. I would think to myself how does an athlete eat so much junk food? Chloe would always have snacks stocked for him (Rob blew up while staying at their house remember). Growing up in Jamaica, Queens can be tuff. I can understand how that still has an effect on him. I wish him the best. No one ask to be born into a broken home or to parents that are drug addicts. Unfortunately we see that a lot here in Jamaica, Queens. It's a culture and Lamar's dad is still a part of it. Pray for Lamar that he over comes these demons.

mrharrybawls2012

Poke a fork in TMZ: It's done. This is a website known for doing daily "stories" about the "fascinating" lives of lindsay lohan and kim kardsahian. And stories about D-list "reality-show "stars", unheard of rappers and their drug arrests, DUIs, etc. N.F.L. (National Felon League) players and their crimes and other assorted nobodies on the fringes of celebrity. Add to this the constant ads about how to make a "fortune"on the internet and the constant technical problems when trying to post here and reading this website has become as depressing as watching the latest tim burton movie. But this fascination with some NBA player stupid enough to shack up with one of the whoredashians and his "crack problem" show that TMZ has finally jumped the shark. Harvey: NO ONE CARES ABOUT THIS LAMAR IDIOT OR THE WHOREDASHIANS. THESE PEOPLE ARE THE S*** OF THE EARTH.Now fold up this website and throw it in the garbage and go back to interviewing other Losers on The People's Court.

nisiek

Well Lamar hate to break it to you buttyney were throwing you under the bus not your dad he is calling a spade a spade which we are all hip to,

Emma

I respected you Lamor as a man but now I just see you as a kiss a$& kardashian wimp. You are dreaming if you think this family loves you. Their love is fake towards you. Your kids love are real. Do you think the kardashians would love you if you didn't play ball or had money. So figure out for yourself why the fake love you. Learn from your father and be a better father to your kids and ex wife. At least your ex loved you when you were nobody. I have never seem your kids on any of the kardashian functions. You pay more attention to Rob than to your own kids. Your kids need their father. Be there for them.