« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

Trashes His Father

Kardashians Are My Only Family

9/25/2013 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0813-khloe-lamar-tmz
Lamar Odom is breaking his silence to rip his own father to shreds for claiming that Khloe Kardashian and her mother drove Lamar into crack addiction -- and he's also acknowledging, for the first time, he's in a "dark" place.

In the scathing message Lamar says, "How can a man who has NOT once called me to check on my well being have the nerve to talk so recklessly about his own 'son'. He is my downfall!"

Lamar's angry letter, posted on Twitter, is a response to a published interview with Lamar's father, Joe Odom, in which he claimed the Kardashians cursed Lamar, ruined his career, and put so much pressure on him that he turned to drugs.

Joe also called Kris Jenner "an evil bitch."

Lamar's retort to his dad -- who's also battled drug addiction -- continues, "I have let this man and many others get away with a lot of s**t. He wasn't there 2 raise me. He was absent ALL of my life due to his own demons."

And Khloe's estranged husband fiercely defends her family, saying ... "He disrespecting the ONLY FAMILY that has loved me without expecting anything in return. They are the ONLY ones that have been here consistently 4 me during this dark time."

By "dark time" he could mean separation from Khloe, but as we've been telling you ... Lamar is deep in the grips of drug addiction -- so it could also be his first public admission of that battle.

Lamar added ... his father's "demons may be the ONLY thing he gave 2 me."

As for his current struggles -- addiction, marriage, basketball career -- Lamar says, "Only person 2 blame is myself. Say what you want about me but leave the ones who have done nothing but protect and love me out of this!"

0913_lamar_odom_through_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

npsconnie

This sounds like Khloe was standing over his shoulder as he was writing it. Too hard to believe for me.

ketjo

You have heard Lamar talk and seen Lamar ...that message did not come from that man......It's sorry to say too articulate and (beg your pardon) white in stylic and language......Lamar Odom did not write that...Frankly he just isn't that intelligent....that was either a Kris or a hired hacker.......

ketjo

One last thing before I go to work ...TMZ.......Three ....Three Kardashian stories in a row ! you are just down on you knee's begging for hits ain't ya...I don't give a rat's ass about a snake looking for a bigger Den.....or anything Kardashian.....And the Micheal Lohan story was pure Micheal grandstanding again.....but I got to admit It isbetter then anything else you got.......
Answer me one question ? What ever happening to the old TMZ that we all loved to play with......They were entertaining and fun....There's nothing entertaining on TMZ now...sorry to day....Like watching a old playmate die of cancer...and you can't do a damn thing about it.....

d-nutt

In some cases, there is no good side / bad side. I think this is one of those cases where every party involved is pure evil. Good luck with pulling it together, Lamar, but I'm not very hopeful due to your surroundings (and your own actions).

Brandi

Obviously, you give a crap because you bothered to comment.

Chris

Ugly and drug addict.

Brandi

Pure evil.

Wow people are crazy

Wow you people that hate the Kardashian's get over yourselves already. They are not all responsible for Kim's actions in the past. I am surprised at how many people complain that they are in the media but continue to comment on them and make up such stories about them. They are beautiful people that are living their lives and if people like them then let it be.

lily

What a strange thing to say. The Kartrashians are your only family? Why are you not turning to your wife for help though this? From what I've read, she would love nothing more than to help.

laffnbear

So sad. How bad is it when the K's are the best family you have?

skittlesbreaker19

He had to be high when he said that!

dick

I think Joe Adams is correct about Kris Jenner.

Myna

See how unforgiveness affects you. You can't even see when someone is trying to help you. Lamar's dad my not have been there for him when he was a child, but he was certainly trying to defend him as an adult. His dad may very well be a drug addict, but it looks like he just wants better for his son. He knows if he doesn't get away from this family, being drug free won't be in the cards for him. Remember, Khloe kept it all a secret until he started cheating on her. She can't help Lamar with the drug problem because she supported it to long.

John Weiss

This is one really ****ed up dude.

kimkardashianstalkingass

Well pops, that big mouth of yours just got you cut off from this twisted form of 'Child Support'? Where is papa gonna get his crack money now? Good for Lamar for calling this creep of a non-father out. As horrible as Kris Jenner is, this guy has no talk about anyone - he is a dead beat dad that only showed up when Lamar's money showed up. Shameful.