Britney Spears

Ticket Sales Through the Roof

9/25/2013 11:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0925-britney-spears-planet-hollywood-gettyThere are conflicting reports out about ticket sales for Britney Spears' Vegas concerts ... some are saying sales are disastrously poor ... Brit's people are saying "it's the best-selling show in the history of Vegas."  TMZ now has the numbers, and it's pretty clear -- Britney is about to own Vegas.

Britney will be performing 48 shows a year for the next 2 years -- according to the contract obtained by TMZ.   Tickets are available now for the first 16 shows.  We've been on dozens of calls with StubHub, Ticketmaster and Planet Hollywood's box office among others ... and here's what we're told.

For the first 16 shows ... a total of 73,600 tickets were up for sale.  The number of tickets actually sold is impressive -- 70,242.

Of the available, remaining, 3,358 tickets, 2,887 are in the nosebleed section.

We can't vouch for this being the best selling show ever in Vegas, but it's definitely up there.

Britney sources have told us they're actually talking about adding shows, and if that happens Britney will rake in even more than the $15 mil a year she's already guaranteed.

All Heart

This isn't a surprise. I have to assume the sponsors of these shows did their market research and determined that there was a market for it and that this would be a profitable venture.

Also, by making a lot of the details public they got a lot of free press.

JUstin

I don't know , but am always suspicious when people feel the need to tell me " They are doing well ..." , UUmm , OOkkaay ...lol

polomax8

Wow wow wow wow wow

kp

Wow. Didn't know there were that many people who want to watch her lip sync.

Pudding Tang

Geez sheeple are getting stoopider.

1 opinion

Can't believe people would actually pay money to see that bad dancing and terrible lip syncing.

mick

Of course all together that isn't even a stadium of ticket sales. They were smart to put her in an under 5,000 seat arena. Lets see if tickets will continue to sell for two years. Why anyone would even want to spend a dollar to watch what she does now is beyond me but it's their buck.

Dead@27

Yeah... but can she TWERK ?

Carriejane

Not shocking, people in Vegas are known for making bad decisions...

Fred Farkel

I would really enjoy seeing her show.

I also enjoyed seeing BANANARAMA last year whilst they were in the USA.

Old people can be so unpredictable...

Robert

Seriously? Who would pay to watch this "manufactured" pop star lip sync to a sound track? You know she was almost banned from performing in Austrialia because her show was advertised as a live concert, but she actually lip syncs the whole time. Google Henry Rollins and Britney Spears and you will find out that she doesn't even sing on her own albums! Why would anyone pay to see this Talent-less, nonperformer?

LK

I believe Brit's team bought most of the ticc
kets 2 help build hype 4 the rest of shows . In turn the general public jump on the bandwagon & feel the need 2 scope up ticket in fear of not being able 2 obtain tickets .(Supply & a fake demand)These tickets will be given away 2 radio station & other media outlets etc etc . Really who is her target market ? & can they really afford a trip 2 VEGAS . TICKETS . MEALS . LODGING . & PARTY SUPPLIES ETC .
jmo

Anna

Don't get me wrong, I actually do plan on going to see her in Vegas, but last time I looked (yesterday), only 3 of her shows were close to being sold out. Every other date I looked for, I was able to find pretty decent seats (especially since I was searching for 4 seats together). I think TMZ lies.

lord flashheart

All that for a playbackshow...the world is falling apart.

Rob Zombie is King

Take the money you were going to spend on this crap and donate it to cancer research.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments