Alanis Morissette

Sued by Ex-Nanny

She Held Me Hostage

9/26/2013 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0926-tmz-alanis-morissette
Alanis Morissette
oughta know ... you can't keep a nanny locked up in your child's bedroom all night ... without so much as a meal break -- but one ex-nanny is now suing the singer for allegedly doing just that.

Bianca Cambeiro filed the lawsuit against Morissette and her husband Mario Treadway, claiming the couple employed her from August 2011 to March 2013 ... and she worked a hellish 12-hour night shift looking after their newborn son.

According to Bianca's lawsuit, Alanis effectively held her hostage inside their baby's bedroom while he slept, ordering her not to leave under any circumstances ... not even for a break to eat.

Bianca was only allowed relief if one of the child's parents was in the bedroom ... or if the day-shift nanny replaced her. That's it.

What's more, Bianca says she was denied more than $30,000 in unpaid overtime and other wages. But she's suing for $100,000 on top of that, claiming she also suffered emotional distress.

We reached out to Alanis' people for comment. So far, no word back.

Rachel

Ok

Jen

I like how you guys are all SO ANGRY "PEOPLE SHOULD RAISE THEIR OWN CHILDREN!!!"

Meanwhile there's parents abusing and neglecting their kids. Meanwhile there's child prostitution in Asia catering to western men.

But let's get angry about nannies.

Penny

She is known to be an attachment parent. I'm surprised she would trust nannies it take care of her child.

Gretel

I like to think that if I had enough income to afford a household staff I'd take care of my own children and let the staff take care of the house and all that went with it so I had all the time in the world to spend with my husband and children, taking care of them myself.

JFO

This wouldn't be happening if celebrities just took care of their own children like the rest of us do.

Just me

She could had QUIT! GEE!

Just Sayin...

did anyone else read the first line like they were singing "you outta know"? cause i totally did LOL

bru

funny how she waited 2 years to quit.. if I were her, working under those cir***stances I would have left after the first week.. LIES

Shoozie

Nanny--Noun: takes care of children.
I don't believe that the child slept for 24 hours a day, therefore the nanny had sufficient time to play with, cook for and eat with the child. Another definition could be "mommy"

Questdelsangraal

She sold out long ago,
Surprised she is even around anymore.

Fiona

She looks crazy..probably lying.

Julie

A real parent would get up and take care of their own child in the middle of the night. I think its ok to have a night off here and there if you are REALLY sleep deprived or ill, but to just farm your children out to hired help is totally selfish and irresponsible. I think parents should car for their own children, both day and night, whenever possible. People need to plan their families so they can do this. If you cant afford to have at least one parent stay home until the kids are of school age, you cant afford to have them to begin with. This goes for celebs and non celebs.

Julie

care..

Lisa

It was so stressful anf horrible that the nanny stayed working there for roughly 1.5 yrs???!! Come on now - chasing the $

lilly

Held hostage...? People really will say anything for a buck, won't they?http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/tv/bianca-cambeiro-alanis-morissettes-former-nanny/

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments