Alanis Morissette

Sued by Ex-Nanny

She Held Me Hostage

9/26/2013 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0926-tmz-alanis-morissette
Alanis Morissette
oughta know ... you can't keep a nanny locked up in your child's bedroom all night ... without so much as a meal break -- but one ex-nanny is now suing the singer for allegedly doing just that.

Bianca Cambeiro filed the lawsuit against Morissette and her husband Mario Treadway, claiming the couple employed her from August 2011 to March 2013 ... and she worked a hellish 12-hour night shift looking after their newborn son.

According to Bianca's lawsuit, Alanis effectively held her hostage inside their baby's bedroom while he slept, ordering her not to leave under any circumstances ... not even for a break to eat.

Bianca was only allowed relief if one of the child's parents was in the bedroom ... or if the day-shift nanny replaced her. That's it.

What's more, Bianca says she was denied more than $30,000 in unpaid overtime and other wages. But she's suing for $100,000 on top of that, claiming she also suffered emotional distress.

We reached out to Alanis' people for comment. So far, no word back.

Chgome

I also believe the nanny. The rich and famous think they are privileged. Even the ownership of their employee's.

lazypadawan

Based on what I've read about how celebrities often treat their "staff," I wouldn't doubt it if this was true. Why don't they quit? Well, same reason why a lot of people put up with bad jobs with terrible bosses for a long time; they need the money. She probably quit only after 1) it was clear she wasn't going to get paid according to terms and 2) she scored another job.

Just My Opinion

I haven't heard anythin from this woman in a long time. I guess she was busy with one hand in her pocket, and the other one locking her nanny in a room.

Just My Opinion

In this picture of her, she looks more scary than Jack Nicholson did in the movie..The Shining.

anonymous

We all knew the terms. The problem is professionals are lowering their rate and shutting down this industry to the point where families think it's okay to have someone work 12 hour shifts for about the same amount you could earn at Starbucks. Tour was hellish, I know. I was there. Nannies- Say no if you don't agree! By saying ok you are screwing us all over and allowing these celebrities to walk all over us with our degree's and experience. I made sure to ask questions, cover my needs and negotiate my contract like a true professional.

whatever

this sounds B.S. to me! Babies don't sleep for 12 hours straight! All they do all day is sleep, eat & poos! And at some point during that 12 hours, the baby must have woken up asking for food! For sure!

Mee

Recently was warned to be careful about housekeeper's from other countries claiming "crimes against them" in order to get their paper's and I laughed this off, maybe something to it.

Ryan Lever

HAHHAA but she was hot in weeds

frohlich8

I completely believe the nanny. People are so ridiculous when it comes to their children nowadays. You know, people grew up fine 20 years ago and parents were not so paranoid of every fad that comes up nowadays. "No gluten", "My child needs to go to the best pre-school to get into a good University". I can completely see Alanis Morisette being one of those trendy paranoid parents that demands more of the nanny than they do of themselves. Disgusting.

frohlich8

Wow, I love how people think that just because someone stays at a job it wasn't horrible. I stayed at a miserable job where I came home crying every day for 8 year because of the benefits. Things are hard nowadays.

pattycake

dont nanny for these idiot celebrities..they are cheap awful mothers.

Ann M

Ever hear the word "I quit " and walk away. You don't work for weeks and stay on when your not getting paid the amount you were promised. But you stayed almost 2 years when did it hit you that you were not getting paid enough? Sorry the nanny just wants some easy money.

Lindsey Rae

a hellish 12 hour shift without a meal break....sounds like a wednesday night being a nurse. damn. i should sue.

Ozzie X

She's got cuckoo crazy eyes and bags underneath them. So much for my childhood crush.

FV

Oh Please...she stayed employed with them for 2 years...are you kidding me?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments