Alanis Morissette

Sued by Ex-Nanny

She Held Me Hostage

9/26/2013 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0926-tmz-alanis-morissette
Alanis Morissette
oughta know ... you can't keep a nanny locked up in your child's bedroom all night ... without so much as a meal break -- but one ex-nanny is now suing the singer for allegedly doing just that.

Bianca Cambeiro filed the lawsuit against Morissette and her husband Mario Treadway, claiming the couple employed her from August 2011 to March 2013 ... and she worked a hellish 12-hour night shift looking after their newborn son.

According to Bianca's lawsuit, Alanis effectively held her hostage inside their baby's bedroom while he slept, ordering her not to leave under any circumstances ... not even for a break to eat.

Bianca was only allowed relief if one of the child's parents was in the bedroom ... or if the day-shift nanny replaced her. That's it.

What's more, Bianca says she was denied more than $30,000 in unpaid overtime and other wages. But she's suing for $100,000 on top of that, claiming she also suffered emotional distress.

We reached out to Alanis' people for comment. So far, no word back.

Kelly

Aloonis Morisette? I believe the nanny!

Bob

Ambulance chasing fame-whore Gloria Allred on line 2....

Kelly

I suing but I'm giving up. I'm mad but I'm happy. I'm a mom but I'm childless. Cuz I've got one hand in my pocket and the other one is flipping a woman off.

ANNIE24

Yeah, I call BS on the nanny.

jaq jaq

hmmmm August 2011 to March 2013... so she worked for Alanis for 18 months, without filling any complaints with her Nanny Agency or police for being 'held hostage' over night.. riiiight My guess they dont need the second nanny for the infant now (as he/she is a year and a half old) and have let her go. So now she is claiming all of this junk for an extended pay day until she finds another family to work for. hmmmm better hope the tabloids dont publicize your NAME or PHOTO or you may never work again.

Observer

Funny how they never bring those issues up at the time ya know?
Naw, they wait until they can't get another gig and... go for the Wealthy person.
Not always I assume, yet especially in this town they do.

Onestar

Would not surprise me at all if this is true....there has always been something off about Alanis

kitten roulaine

Doesn't surprise me, I believe the nanny. Why do these people feel carrying a child has proven them stamped and deemed worthy to parent. A parent stay's with the child, sleeps with one eye open, and both ears on sonar.

MsRichards

She's looking really rough & kinda crazy.

Laura

The nanny would have had to agree to it. She has free will. She could have walked away from the job.

justme9151006

These celebrities are a joke!!! Daytime nanny, night time nanny...how about parent your own f*@kin kid!!!

Natwinscookies

Isn't it Ironic?

mrharrybawls2012

In other news , Kelsey Grammar will be carrying his baby around this weekend while he plays paint ball cause he couldn't find a babysitter.....

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Okay, let's back up a minute. I've had a few kids, I've had a few grandkids. I've known a lot of people with kids. Never in the history of humankind has there ever been a newborn who slept for 12 hours. I call bullshlt on this story. There is no way on earth a newborn sleeps more than 4 hours, and that's on a good day.

Nick

Is Max partying with Lamar.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments