Amanda Bynes

Psych Treatment

Could Go to 2015

9/26/2013 12:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0602-amanda-bynes-tmz-2
Here's how bad off Amanda Bynes is ... it looks like she could be in a mental health facility for a year and a half.

Amanda's lawyer was in a NYC court today ... in connection with the case where Amanda allegedly threw a bong out the window of her apartment.

Her lawyer, Gerald Shargel, asked for a postponement for up to 18 months while she got psychiatric treatment.

Sources tell TMZ ... the likelihood is ... the case will be plea bargained ... there are major weaknesses in the prosecution's case.  Translation -- the case could possibly be dropped altogether.

0926_amanda_bynes_crazy_twit_footer

verlinda

BS ......she has money, and they'll keep her until she's broke

KARMA K

Last I heard, the Doctor's were trying to put a few different meds together, to give her, to help her function normal! Which seems normal, but wanting her to stay there for 2 years seems excessive! But thats just my opinion, Im no Doctor! Good luck to her!

billybob

As an appropriate therapy, I would suggest Dr. Zankokun's controversial "Five Finger Method" for face and butt....2x daily, maybe 3x, it depends.

MC

Some people don't come back after they've gone completely over the edge. I hope the treatment works for her. She's a talented girl....but her mental illness took over her life completely. People need to just stop speculating about her, and hope that she, with the help of doctors can find some semblance of normalcy in her life again.

hmpf

frankly no one gets the help they need in a mental health wing...they just get medicated and I really feel sorry for her...my guess is she will NEVER forgive her parents for this.

clinton

She was so adamant that she wasn't smoking pot and the fact that she lost her mind, makes me think she may have been smoking that dangerous K2 which for some, fries their brains the first time they smoke it. I work in adolescent drug treatment and they do not think of K2 as a drug at all. It's just Potpourri

GiGi

Glad she's getting help. Such a sad situation.

jo

Why don't you leave her alone...........you're probably half the reason why she's freaking nuts-- Stupid media

Toxicprincess

Just sad

Ahmed

I don't care if she's been a bitch. I'm just glad the girl is getting help. Not many celebrities believe they how much they need it.

barney

Funny how since Amanda's Mom had her transferred to UCLA Amanda's mental condition has gotten progressively worse.What a joke this is, just an excuse for her Mom and UCLA to take all her money.

monica

I hope she gets well soon.

MagsChar143

Amanda Bynes is mentally ill. This is not a surprise, look at the age onset of schizophrenia people. Meds are the only possibility of stabilizing her. Noone is after her money, she is sick.

Mike

Amanda is currently being held in the nice outer facade of the mental health system and she'll be there as long as she has money.

We should all scream a small scream of horror for those without means who are warehoused by the mental health system.

hippie

Wasn't there a story about her only having a couple million dollars left? By my math at $3.5k a day, that would put her at basically dead broke in the year and a half purposed, Coincidence? Not saying she doesn't need help, I'm just saying it's rather ironic how that lines up like that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments