'Shark Tank'

Harvey Sells TMZ

9/28/2013 12:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0927_shark_tank_harvey

Harvey may be thinking of greener pastures, because putting TMZ on the auction block seems to be on his mind.

Levin made an emotional pitch to Daymond John, one of the sharks from "Shark Tank" on TMZ Live, offering a 5% cut for $500k.  The question -- Was Damon buyin' what Levin's sellin'?

TMZ_Live_Lisitings_SubAsset

dan

Seems to me that the Buttrashians own TMZ and Harvey is just their do-boy.

21stcent

Without Max, TMZ on TV just isn't the same. So I got like 20 bucks if your interested in selling the biz.

Me

Since when does Harvey own TMZ? Being an editor doesn't make him the owner.

mrharrybawls2012

Good idea to sell this shyte website while you can get some sucker to shell out a couple of bucks. What a disgrace. Every second story is about lindsay lohan, kim kardashian , with dozens of ads about how to make a fortune on the internet (yea right) and stories on d-list reality stars, rappers and National Felon League (NFL ) players in trouble with the law. Add to that all the technical problems this crap website has, the tmz staff members jumping ship and less and less people commenting every day, is it any wonder this harvey levin guy is trying to pawn off this lemon. The TMZ TV show is even worse with that dreadful commentator that sounds like he's been smoking crack all day. Good riddance to bad rubbish!! Back to the Peoples Court Levin!!

Bob

Really? 5% for 500 000$? Is that offer open to anyone? Let me write you a check. TMZ banks millions a year, so 5% of the company is worth a lot more than that...Oh, but it's actually owned by Times Warner...You sneaky Harvey.

Truth

DOESNT TIME WARNER (THE REAL OWNERS) HAVE ANY SH*T TO SAY ABOUT THIS??? UM, OK THEN... TAKE A SEAT. #TRUTH!!

Areader

In order for Harvey to sell TMZ he would first have to own TMZ. Harvey Levin does not own TMZ...Time Warner does!

ajc22

Was this approved by Kris Jenner?

stu

I would buy IF the irish dude was @ my begging call to "play" with. Bottoms up!

KicksandGiggles

Heck yeah I would buy TMZ. Smut, butt, and gossip sells! It has its own market which will NEVER mature enough to go away. Human nature will always be the same and folks will pay $$ to see the worst of it!

Shoozie

almost all y'all would be gone if I bought you because I am tired of EVERY SINGLE STORY having a snide remark at the end, such as T&A. You children make it difficult to read a story that doesn't make fun of someone at the end. It's pretty much like 6th grade again and I hope whoever purchases TMZ will bring it back uo to the level it once was.

Really? Nevermind,...

Yes, to inject some decent stories back in and FIX YOUR G*D FORESAKEN WEBSITE!!!!! But not for that price. I'd want 30% for that kind of money. Sorry KMZ, but you need to be realistic about the fact you're a fixer-upper.

Flexin_duces

The Kardashians are willing to sell?

Carl

It might be funnier if Harvey could do that or even owned TMZ instead of the actual owner, CBS.

buggaz

Yeah, I buy you. Then fire everyone personally.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments