Amanda Bynes

Parents Say Rehab Facility

Is What She Needs

9/30/2013 11:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0930_amanda_bynes_01

Amanda Bynes has been moved from the psych ward of a major hospital to a ritzy rehab place in Malibu for her own good ... so say her parents.

Rick and Lynn Bynes are responding to our story that Amanda was moved 3 weeks ago from the UCLA Medical Center to The Canyon rehab facility in Malibu.

Amanda's parents -- through their lawyer Tamar Arminak -- say the move was on the advice of doctors at UCLA, and that she is making "great strides towards recovery."

Sources close to Amanda tell TMZ, "Amanda was stuck with people in much worse condition than her.  She was scared, afraid and did not leave her immediate room area."  The lawyer adds, at the rehab place, "She is getting specialized psych care, one on one treatment, not drug rehab."

Our source says Amanda is able to walk around the grounds, see the ocean and ride the horses.

And, sources say, UCLA costs $50k more a month to house Amanda.  That means she's paying $55k a month at The Canyon.

Astronut

TMZ, your math is strange... do it over...

gayle1976

Who's in control here??? Amanda...or her parents/doctors???

Nonsense

Again TMZ, this has gone way beyond entertainment gossip. Leave her alone.

ecinahs

This trick loves attention. She needs to sit down.

jtw_111

This may actually be the best thing for Amanda. I was thinking earlier that a prolonged stay in a psych ward would probably make her even worse...I mean, who wants to be confined to a hospital for over a year? That'd make a sane person go mad. At least at this place she can walk around and go outside.

Sean Kelly

SKIT
Has nothing to do with medication. No one "gets better" in those places. Its just money making bullsiht.
Her best course is to get out of Hollywood for a year and go relax in some blah city off the map. phsy wards don't heal. only farm

You are an idiot. You know NOTHING about mental illness or its treatment. Spin around on your barstool and share your bs with the others at the bar.

nof

Oh, and there is an oppressive nature to N.P.I.

Bars, bars, bars...

People watching you any, very time you're close to an exit and door.

On the other hand, the diagnosis is critical and can free you -

"Treatment Plans" are where it all happens.

You have a good one - you adhere - you're
halfway home.

N.P.I. leads you to the water - it's your call if you drink - sounds like Amanda's drinking - good.

nof

Grateful for the clarification, glad to hear this.

And it's true, there are a lotta scary characters -

In a locked facility.

All's Well That Ends Well -

Dino the Dinosaur

Good luck to her.

FUTMZ

....because rehab solves everything - just ask Linds. Celebrity parents have all the answers - just ask DUIna and Loudmouth Lohan.

nof

Was in N.P.I once.

Volunteer - a depression clinic they ran - new medication drug -

3 a.m. the first morning?

Crazy tried to stick a number-three lead pencil in my right eye.

Glad she's gone - I understand now - as usual I've been corrected.

I still think the doctors and N.P.I are the best in the world -

Not their fault a patient goes off.

LISA

That’s good to hear because a lot of people were starting to wonder why she was being held at UCLA for so long. I’m glad her doctors were happy with her progress and managed to transfer her to The Canyon Treatment Centre 3 weeks ago without the press finding out. I guess they found the right type and dose of meds, but she may still need intensive counseling, monitoring, education, etc. Malibu has the staff to address her mental health illness as well as any addictions (perhaps pot?). I wish Amanda and her family the best.

nevernude

I hope she sticks with treatment, whatever the diagnosis is!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

What a faker... lmao. All this just to get her case tossed or settled out of court. Wait for it in a couple of months... it's going to be a miracle that she is healed.

DD

I'm glad for her. She will continue to stabilize with one on one treatment with a psychiatrist plus start to socialize with others so they can pinpoint additional symptoms.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments