Britney Spears

I'm Being Pushed Too Far Sexually

10/3/2013 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

100313_britney_spears_audio_launch
Britney Spears claims she's under a lot of pressure to make hyper-sexual music videos -- but now, Britney says ... she's over it.

31-year-old Britney called in to The TJ Show on AMP 103.3 in Boston this morning ... and when the conversation turned to her racy new video for "Work B**ch," Brit made it clear she's being pushed too far.

"A lot of sex goes into what I do. But sometimes I would like to bring it back to the old days when there was like one outfit through the whole video, and you’re dancing the whole video, and there’s like not that much sex stuff going on."

She continued, "It’s about the dance and it’s about being old school, it’s like keeping it real and just making it about the dance. I’d love to do a video like that.”

Britney also said the original cut for the music video was too risque ... and she had to put her foot down to protect her reputation:

"Oh my god, we showed way more skin and did way more stuff for the video than what is actually there. Like, I cut out half the video because I am a mother and because, you know, I have children, and it’s just hard to play sexy mom while you’re being a pop star as well."

"I just have to be true to myself and you know, feel it out when I do stuff.”

At one point, the DJ asks Britney, "Are they pushing you further than you wanna go and then you sit in the editing room and say, 'No that has to go' and that's pretty much how that's all lined up?"

Britney laughs nervously and then responds, "Yes."

What's interesting -- the video for "Work" is probably the least sexualized video she's done ... maybe ever.

Think about it ... "Hit Me Baby" (hot school girl outfit)  "Slave" (sweat and gyrating), "Oops I Did It Again" (red leather catsuit) and "Toxic" (nude bodysuit) were pretty damn racy.

That being said, we gotta ask ...

shaun

She is ugly as sin she couldn't look sexy if they computer animated her to look it. I have seen better looking women in skid row. Yikes. Plane Jane vanilla face. Christina Aguilerra has always been way hotter.

ohboy

Mommy, why are you hitting that girl with a whip? Mommy, why does that one girl have a gag in her mouth that looks like a big pill? Mommy, why are you in your underwear?

Yeah - this video looks like it's been really toned down.

Phoenix1

She looks great...but who listens to that crap?? Ugh.

TipseyMcStagger

Well, her mind is controlled by the Illuminati anyways, duh.

gbtw

girl has got it together. this is exactly how a mom should be thinking. i think it's okay that a director may have been pushing her- sex sells, but i love that she retains the power to pull it back and say, no.

Nobody.Puts.Bieber.In.A.Corner

She's always medicated, has no idea wtf is going on, is barefooted everywhere she goes cause she's hillbilly to the core, married kevin fendergross. This bitch doesn't know what day it is. Please, fade away.

LuvJaq

Look Brit has never been my favorite but you have to admit she was super young when producers/directors & the public started objectifying her, then she had the nervous breakdown.. maybe now she is finally comfortable enough in herself as MORE then a boy toy and she feels ready to speak her mind, rather then show her body. In fact I think this is the FIRST time I've had reason to respect her.

Hahaha

Sorry, Brittany, but it's never been about the dance.

Peanut Butter

But "back then" she was controlled by executives, men making money off a young girl's sexuality. Now she has or is trying to have control over her life & career and that's how it should be. It doesn't and shouldn't all be about sex.

mommaof3

Do people actually consider that noise "singing"?? It's nothing but auto-tuned garbage and if she didn't sell sex, she'd have nothing to offer!!!

worldclass

HOT MESS!!!! Britney's whole career has been that way. She can't sing that's what they want from her. She crashed the internet by flashing her crotch and made that the norm. WTH is she talking about. Back peddling now is just insulting everyone's intelligence. I suppose if you listen to Britney you are that intelligent but still.

Mike L

2 things. 1. This song is awful!! 2. This is in no way over sexual or even close.

Timmy Boy

Her Funeral. No Sex, no $$$$.

On the other hand, she is not 20 anymore. She is too old.

Brian

Sounds like someone trying to get attention. I doubt anyone now would tell her what to do.

Crabby

Sexy Britney with a whip!!!!!Well done.She is super cute in that video.Very hot for a 33 year old woman with two school age sons.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments