Britney Spears

I'm Being Pushed Too Far Sexually

10/3/2013 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

100313_britney_spears_audio_launch
Britney Spears claims she's under a lot of pressure to make hyper-sexual music videos -- but now, Britney says ... she's over it.

31-year-old Britney called in to The TJ Show on AMP 103.3 in Boston this morning ... and when the conversation turned to her racy new video for "Work B**ch," Brit made it clear she's being pushed too far.

"A lot of sex goes into what I do. But sometimes I would like to bring it back to the old days when there was like one outfit through the whole video, and you’re dancing the whole video, and there’s like not that much sex stuff going on."

She continued, "It’s about the dance and it’s about being old school, it’s like keeping it real and just making it about the dance. I’d love to do a video like that.”

Britney also said the original cut for the music video was too risque ... and she had to put her foot down to protect her reputation:

"Oh my god, we showed way more skin and did way more stuff for the video than what is actually there. Like, I cut out half the video because I am a mother and because, you know, I have children, and it’s just hard to play sexy mom while you’re being a pop star as well."

"I just have to be true to myself and you know, feel it out when I do stuff.”

At one point, the DJ asks Britney, "Are they pushing you further than you wanna go and then you sit in the editing room and say, 'No that has to go' and that's pretty much how that's all lined up?"

Britney laughs nervously and then responds, "Yes."

What's interesting -- the video for "Work" is probably the least sexualized video she's done ... maybe ever.

Think about it ... "Hit Me Baby" (hot school girl outfit)  "Slave" (sweat and gyrating), "Oops I Did It Again" (red leather catsuit) and "Toxic" (nude bodysuit) were pretty damn racy.

That being said, we gotta ask ...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Rad-Z

Compared to her other videos...too little to late...

MaryDtn9

The Media, Press, Paps and Haters are always first out of the gate with their negative comments, criticisms, half truths and made up stories. Worst than this, there are also powerful groups, with their own hidden agendas, who want others to fail because they fear them, they don’t like then and they can’t control them. These naysayers are emotionally stunted and swamped in phobias. They hurt others every day for profit and personal gain.
Never let others manipulate you into responding in a cruel way. Always consider how flawed, hidden agenda, and profit driven groups are before adding your comments. Cyber bullying leads to suicides every day and it’s a crime in most countries. It’s a personal choice. It’s your choice. It’s never too late to change. We can all change. When we hate, we hurt ourselves, our children, our families, everyone.
The negativity never lasts and the truth always surfaces. It’s never easy for these individuals when they put themselves out there. Only these individuals are capable and willing to take risks. Fame, like life, is temporary; let them enjoy it while it lasts.
We hope this message is helpful to everyone. Don’t hate, be kind. If you must hate, send it this way.

Tracey

Content of the song is not an issue but being to sexy is. UMMM kay!

Fluidjay

My comment is strictly on the song itself. A great dance track that will be a hit in the clubs

sarah wales

This is the first time since her break down I have seen her on form with her dance moves. really liked this video.

Vness870

It sounds like she does not want to be lumped in with Miley.

Susan

Pleease...Brit you've been showing your goodies for years, and recently reported that you got in touch with Miley and wanted her to teach you the twerk...I'll give you this much your comments put attention back on you ..and now thousands will tune in for a look see..good marketing Brit. After all you can't have Miley in the news instead of yourself.

Stubbs 33

How in the world can anyone see Britney getting a reward for this current video much less an award for a song Work Bi ch

JustSaladTonite

I don't get it -- she's so pretty, but she can't dance or sing. The song is just stupid (look out -- here we come?). It doesn't seem sexy at all except to those who still long for her glory days. Maybe she needs to listen to her lyric and get a real job?

james

Hard to compete with 20 when your 31....so let's just pretend we're tired of the sexuality in the videos

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6