Lamar Odom

I'm Sober

I Can Kick Drugs W/O Rehab

10/3/2013 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1002-lamar-odom-tmz
Lamar Odom
says he's been sober for 5 days ... and he believes he can maintain sobriety WITHOUT going to rehab.

Sources connected to the troubled BBaller tell TMZ ... Lamar believes in what he calls "self-healing" and says he has the willpower to kick his drug habit on his own.

Lamar says he's done it successfully before and is convinced he can do it again.

Toward that end, he is telling people he is removing certain "friends" from his life ... so he doesn't relapse.

Lamar says he's open to getting professional help, but only in private and not in a rehab facility.  He has not yet committed to getting such help.

Lamar is very mindful of the fact that training camp has just started.  Although he wants to save his marriage to Khloe Kardashian, our sources say his motivation for sobriety seems to be more focused on his basketball career.  Lamar believes once he's achieved a level of sobriety, he can re-join a team.

TMZ broke the story ... Lamar had a devastating crack problem in addition to an addiction to other drugs, including cocaine.  He was in rehab for 3 weeks a little more than a year ago before bailing.

0913_lamar_odom_through_footer

scarlett06

I feel terribly for Chloe. She has been MORE than supportive of Lamar. If she thinks (knows) that Lamar should go to rehab, she is doing the the right thing by standing behind that. No rehab, means no marriage!

I commend Khloe for keeping her rings on and standing by Lamar. However, she's been doing that for over 2 years. I think that if Lamar realizes his chance to Bball is over for this season, and possibly forever, he might start to get a clue.

Khloe is doing the right thing. Not taking off her ring (yet), and waiting until Lamar gets it into his head that this problem is WAY bigger that what he percieves.

I think he doesn't want to go to rehab is because of his paranoia. He is distrustful of it as far as I can tell.

Stay strong Chloe, as you have been for a long time now. You know you can't help him, and no one can until he goes to a rehab facility.

This is a very sad situation all around.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

This gentleman reflects quite poorly on the Kockroachian family. Makes me think they all do drugs and steal (phony charity). I will therefore never buy any of their krap. Who's with me?

Sue

DELUSIONAL!

Susie Conroy. Radford

Bull**** don't you dare take his worthless ass back Khloe. He screwed crack ho's .youll look bad to take him back. Look at his dad that's Lamar down the road. Your the only one he doesn't pay to be around him. He pays for friends ho' s his dad . He is a mess . It's embarrassing for you to lower yourself for that lowlife. Your dad would be ashamed. Set a example for your baby sisters. It's bad nought Kim chose who she did. Why do such beautiful girls have low self esteem. Kanye is a rude mess. And hard to look at. His head is way big. Bobble head. Besides he looks he is a mess. His music sucks. I can't think of anything good about either one. Learn to value yourselves...

Don't ask me

Lamar needs 2 stop the cycle B4 his kids follow his fathers & his own drug problems . It might already be 2 late & it is set in motion ? I do hope his children's mother has a good head on her & guides their children & steers them in the right direction away fm drugs .

bart

Lamar is one stupid person. This reminds me of a American Dad show when Stan Smith is a crack head and try's to rehab himself. Good Luck Lamar it is not going to happen. You need professional help and you need to be in a special pace away from the drug.

Jan

Lamar, the first step in your recovery is to divorce Khloe and escape from her family. The Lakers will give you a job but not if you keep that Kardashian trick in your life.

Angela

Funny hoe yesterday tmz had a pic saying Lamar is rail thin, yeah and today he looks nothing like rail thin? Tmz u play to much

beachgal

How do we know any of this about Lamar is true? because plastic surgery freak Kris Jenner tells Mike Walters it is? LMFAO.
The K-kow family have no discernable talents; too bad TMZ tries to make them credible by suffocating us with non-stories. Where are all the real celeb stories, TMZ?

JimmyCrapCorn

We've never seen any proof he's even doing drugs, but regardless, I wish him the best in life.

Minnetonka40

He wants to be able to reward himself for a few weeks of sobriety with a crack binge without any accountability. This is also what alcoholics will do. No accountability equals no true sobriety. Just a quick fix to get people off your back

Bo

Lamar, you are such a goofus.

acorvette4me

This might be a biiiigggg clue

mwen

Anyone else has started the countdown timer to Lamar's Od?

Mrs Jackson