Coolio

Gangsta's Paradise Unplugged

Rapper Jams with College Kids

10/9/2013 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Coolio put on the ultimate acoustic performance last night ... busting out "Gangsta's Paradise" while chillin' on a couch in a college kid's living room ... while a student with a guitar strummed out a beat.

The rapper was in England to play a gig -- and met a couple of University of Central Lancashire students in the V.I.P. area.

We spoke with one of the students, Lorcan, who posted his account of the night on Reddit ... and he tells us Coolio liked the kids and offered to cook the gang dinner (he's a big-time chef nowadays).

After stopping by a grocery store to pick up the ingredients for a caprese salad, a peach crumble and something called "Chicken á la Daaaamn" ... Coolio decided to treat the kids to a rendition of his biggest hit ... and it was awesome.  We're told Coolio paid for everything.

After the performance, the student said Coolio was a "great guy" ... who "had some very deep and profound thoughts on life and his time in the business."

The whole thing is pretty awesome -- check out the clip.

1009_musicans_footer

Mike

Well the "cool" part of his name certainly holds true.

NOT ELMO

COOLIO NEW NAME IS PROBABLY COLDIO.....................LOL

Idiotsallofya

I would have ****ing killed to be there for that!! Digital Underground did the same thing for my fraternity in college

polomax8

That was entertaining...

Rock

Time to let that hair go bra, hanging on by a thread!!!;-}

moi

that's pretty cool. It's awesome for an artist to be that close to their fans.

Qain

I love reading this , So does My boyfriend .he is almost 11year older than me .i met him via richsingledating.us a nice place for seeking rich men.which gives you a chance to make your life better and open opportunities for you to meet the attractive young girls and treat you like a king. Maybe you wanna check it out or tell your friends..

Jerry

He's Awesome! He's in our indie movie too and really good - our movie site: www.200kdirty.com

mgold

I don't normally follow TMZ, but this is actually a really cool story. You guys should post more things like this and less cr@p about the Kardashians.

Beau222

This is what posting on TMZ about celebrities should be about. Kudos to Coolio

lauren

Cool beans!!!

taffy84

Seems like a cool guy

Dead account Delete at will

Now you can look like Coolie too.

Daniel Vega

nice!

Mr Bob Dobalina

I always thought I didn't like this song. This video gave it a whole new meaning for me.. I thought that was really cool!! U don't need T and A, sluting out, Auto tuning..... in videos to have a cool song.. This is a good song... Stripped down as u can get. 1 guitar a rapper and backup singers....

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments