« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vikings' Adrian Peterson

Thanks For The Concern

... I'm Playing on Sunday

10/11/2013 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101113_adrian_peterson_launch
Adrian Peterson just addressed the media ... and thanked everyone for their support in the wake of the terrible tragedy involving his 2-year-old son.

Adrian told reporters he's dealing with the situation privately ... but insisted he WILL be playing with the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

We broke the story ... Adrian's 2-year-old was severely beaten by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

The suspect was arrested for assault and battery.

As for the child, we're told his injuries are so bad, that he's not expected to survive.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mponjoli malakasuka

Why harm a child

Tazz

What happened TMZ? No cameras where you were SUPPOSED TO BE?!>>!>!>!

Calico

How sick - my sympathies

Blah

I'm sorry but if his kid is not expected to survive, he should be at his bedside not playing on Sunday. I am from MN and he is a great asset to us but his child is way more important then a game.

Tazz

All he did was send $ for the child, not parent in any way. That's why he isn't broken up about it as he should be.

Jayne

how do you beat a child to death - this mfer better get what he deserves !

toad lip

Peterson was quoted as saying, "I got five more anyways cuz and I got a game to win n i g g a.

Theresa

How in the Hell can you play a stupid football game when you son is dying ??? What a F*CKING DUMB A$$ !!

210GoSpurs

So sad prayers go out to Adrians family in this rough time. as for the child killer
i hope he gets prison justice asap or hangs himself.

BlackStallion

As a father of two young children this absolutely breaks my heart. I truly wish death upon the a$$hole who did this. I hope he gets tortured in prison for many many years.

PeopleDoTheMost

If I was Adrian I would ask to be alone in a room with that mothers's boyfriend for just 5 minutes! No questions asked!

Exclusive

We all grieve in our own way. I hope he is making a decision that he will not regret for years to come. My prayers are with his family.

Kiko

Dealing with the situation privately = Locker room press conference?

Unstoppable

praying for the child...and to release the stubborn heart the dad has to even think of playing on Sunday. Damn this is your child, there will be another game!

Bella

Wait a minute his child is not expected to live and he is giving an interview. WTF On top of that it' s to announce that he will be playing on Sunday! WTF!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments