« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vikings' Adrian Peterson

Thanks For The Concern

... I'm Playing on Sunday

10/11/2013 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101113_adrian_peterson_launch
Adrian Peterson just addressed the media ... and thanked everyone for their support in the wake of the terrible tragedy involving his 2-year-old son.

Adrian told reporters he's dealing with the situation privately ... but insisted he WILL be playing with the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

We broke the story ... Adrian's 2-year-old was severely beaten by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

The suspect was arrested for assault and battery.

As for the child, we're told his injuries are so bad, that he's not expected to survive.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The world is disgusting

Are you fking kidding me??! You worthless POS "father"! Your child is expected to die and you are at practice??! And will even be playing Sunday! I hope you get hit by a fking mac truck and lose your legs! What a POS. Your son is better off dead with a "father" like you.

Susan62509

When 27-year-old Joseph Patterson is pronounced guilty he should be taken in back of the courthouse,chained to a guillotine and decapitated.

jesslynn

I am not going to say a word about the parents. As unlike many of you i don't them personally AT ALL but Godspeed and prayers the the little guy...May God wrap his arms around you and comfort you.

nmg83

This breaks my heart!

Jordan21

to all those questioning why he's at practice or even playing on sunday Some people throw themselves into their work when dealing with tragedies people have different ways of getting through tough situations.

Whocares

Yea, play football. WHATEVER you do don't sit by your son and be there for him. Go play a game. ****ing troglodyte.

rhode

Prayers for the family. So sad.

Susan62509

Adrian Peterson is in shock. Wouldn't you be if this horrific thing happened to your child? What better way to take out his anger by running himself to exhaustion on the field.

VictoriaGirl

So his child will likely be dead by tomorrow (taken off life support) but he's playing in some stupid game the next day anyways? What the F is wrong with people? Does he just not care that much about his child?

karen

Why in God's name would you care about a game at a time like this???

whateveryou

Pray that they are wrong about the "expected" outcome. Explain to me why on earth are those that do these things to little ones never, ever given the same sentence as those who kill adults? Why? Shouldn't they be the first in line for that???? Seriously what is it about our society that allows these creatures to get 5 or 10 yrs. for doing this stuff to children?

vicksux

I'm sorry but does anyone find it disgusting that AP's child is dying in a hospital and he is already saying he will play on Sunday? I find this so disturbing.

npsconnie

I love A.P. and always have but I just don't get how it's more important to him to be on a football field than at his little boys bedside. Priorities seem to be a little off. I understand he was never married to the boys mother but it still seems screwed up.

bernergirl

I'm speechless. I know people grieve in different ways, but there are more important things than a football game, it's not even a championship game. I wouldn't leave my dogs side if she was expected to die. It's a bad move and one he will surely regret later on.

TexasBlonde

I think that is every divorced dad's nightmare. They do not know what type of losers their ex is bringing around their children.

Prayers for this little one.

Just put the perp in the general population in the jail and the other prisoners will tend to him. I just hope it is very painful and slow.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments