« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vikings' Adrian Peterson

Thanks For The Concern

... I'm Playing on Sunday

10/11/2013 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101113_adrian_peterson_launch
Adrian Peterson just addressed the media ... and thanked everyone for their support in the wake of the terrible tragedy involving his 2-year-old son.

Adrian told reporters he's dealing with the situation privately ... but insisted he WILL be playing with the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

We broke the story ... Adrian's 2-year-old was severely beaten by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

The suspect was arrested for assault and battery.

As for the child, we're told his injuries are so bad, that he's not expected to survive.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Missymouse712

It wasn't him people. Can't you read? It was the baby momma's boyfriend who did this to the kid.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Money can't buy you happiness but it can get you exact revenge. Cash is King.

Sephiroth

Probably the product of a one night stand. He's just as bad as the guy who beat the infant, rather play a game than be with his dying son...

The New Improved Sock Puppet

The child is not expected to survive and HE'S GONNA PLAY A GAME? Is that supposed to be some kind of sign of strength? I'm floored, just floored.

Susan62509

Wow, nothing like ripping the father of a dying child to pieces because he doesn't think the same way you do. Sad !!!!

Kiko

It's painfully obvious that this poor child didn't have enough people in his life who cared about him. That's the ultimate tragedy here.

Nonsense

Wow, priorities dude. Poor child.

Greeneyedjeepgirl

Such a tragic story. I don't have any kids, and I don't know what provoked this POS to severely beat this 2 YEAR old child. So heartbreaking, and I hope this D'bag gets life in prison, and I hope nobody posts his bail. Ugh, so mad!!!!!

PandiMarie4

Prayers for a swift recovery you the peterson baby and I hope the inmates at the f-up that mfer also shouldn't the mother be charged too?

teresa.ann93

Only Assault and Battery?!? i got Assault and Battery from defending myself from this crazy bitch who attacked me. But He should get ATTEMPTED MURDER CHARGES!!!!!!!! Who ****ing touches a child like that?! When you hear these child abuse stories, notice its almost ALWAYS the mother's new boyfriend. I hope that ****er gets beaten to death

KicksandGiggles

Somebody tell Peterson to screw football for the moment and get his azz by his son's bedside asap!!!

Susan62509

Rather than ASSUME what A.P.'s motive is to play ball this Sunday, what's with the mother of his child. I agree that signs of the killers temper had to surface previously and where was the mother when this child beating occurred? Perhaps the mother won't allow A.P. to be in the hospital room with his child. Perhaps she and her family members would become outraged at A.P.'s presence in the hospital & disturb the peace inside the hospital. There are too many unknown's before I'll rip the father for his decisions.

sue

His Kid is expected no to live and he is still going to play on Sunday??????? wow , just wow!!!!

alia

That makes me sick to my stomach - how could anyone beat an innocent child who is too small to do anything ...OMG....I hope they send this guy straight to the electric chair...he deserves so much more than that!!!

Sickos like him don't just snap one day, no doubt this poor little boy has been enduring this guys abuse for a while....where the hell is the mother???? - you would have to be blind not to see signs, bruises, or notice the little boy being afraid of the guy.....that mother should be prosecuted right along with this guy. She is supposed to PROTECT her baby !!
It just makes me sick ! I pray he pulls through and gets adopted by a loving family. Obviously if his Dad is playing in a game this weekend, he can't be too concerned about his son.

ughhh

krayzierican

The bf is a ***** bitch by doing that send him to juana matos(pj)puerto rico for some street justice

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments