« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vikings' Adrian Peterson

Thanks For The Concern

... I'm Playing on Sunday

10/11/2013 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101113_adrian_peterson_launch
Adrian Peterson just addressed the media ... and thanked everyone for their support in the wake of the terrible tragedy involving his 2-year-old son.

Adrian told reporters he's dealing with the situation privately ... but insisted he WILL be playing with the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

We broke the story ... Adrian's 2-year-old was severely beaten by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

The suspect was arrested for assault and battery.

As for the child, we're told his injuries are so bad, that he's not expected to survive.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

englishpetal

Tmz doesn't have the most tactful way of putting things. This whole article seems really heartless on a very sensitive subject.

Gsharon 710

I have no bashing for his Father. I set my concern for the child and the charges for the ass that did this. If the Father feels he should play, that is his choice. Playing may keep him sane and out of jail for murder. Lighten up on the Father.

lisa

wow this broke my heart I do not even know who this is, but I saw it on the internet, I cant believe someone would beat a child at all, let alone to where the point hes not expected to survive, that Is just crazy.

Greeneyedjeepgirl

I understand people have many many ways of coping with such a tragedy, but he shouldn't be pkaying on Sunday. I think by then someone will talk some sense into him by then. I hope. Dude spend sometime with you son.

9ix6

this is so sad.

Lisa Ann

As a parent I am shocked at this "conference" and how he's acting. Did he just want to let everyone know that he's going to play on Sunday? How about you not worry about the media and just sit with that poor baby until it's his time to pass.

Phreaky

Same thing happened to my nephew. He's actually a step great nephew (lol). But when my niece started dating her (now) husband, his son was beaten by his mother's boyfriend and they didn't think he would make it either. He was beaten so bad his liver was lacerated. He was 18 months old. He is a happy 8-year-old now. Kids can heal in incredible ways sometimes.

From my mind

His baby could die while he is playing, he should be by that babies side. Thats how u deal with it personal *******, I hope they lose then maybe hell feel worst. No amount of money should overpower your child's health/life! Shows he has NO heart

From my mind

A$$ hole

Kimberly

For all of those saying he is insensitive he had a brother who was killed by a drunk driver and another brother who was murdered and he said football helped him to get through those situations...everyone grieves in their own way...give him a break

SouthernIrish0938

He speaks more emotionally about football than his dying child....

maria

and he's playing football on Sunday!!! AMAZING....Pure disgust.

Chris

He is going to play Sunday??? I would be in jail for beating the hell out of this low life piece of S**t!!!!!!!!!!!

Trent

So your child is more then likely going to die and you are going to play football, priorities.

AllMe

really? football is more important then your baby... I think they'll be just fine without you for one damn game

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments