« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vikings' Adrian Peterson

Thanks For The Concern

... I'm Playing on Sunday

10/11/2013 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101113_adrian_peterson_launch
Adrian Peterson just addressed the media ... and thanked everyone for their support in the wake of the terrible tragedy involving his 2-year-old son.

Adrian told reporters he's dealing with the situation privately ... but insisted he WILL be playing with the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.

We broke the story ... Adrian's 2-year-old was severely beaten by the boyfriend of the child's mother.

The suspect was arrested for assault and battery.

As for the child, we're told his injuries are so bad, that he's not expected to survive.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

NOT ELMO

I'M WAITING.....

LDB

hang this POS. what grown man beats up an innocent little baby who can't defend himself?

Sips

Professional athletes are no longer role models they are all rich till there career is over then because there all street trash they go broke in a year after because they have no idea how to control themselves or there money. It's a shame bunch of low life losers the NFL is the worst

Mel

Umm why is he even at practice???????!!!!!

Don'tSave'Em

I hope he takes this opportunity to get custody of his kids. I have to honestly question the mother. I'm sure this man has showed signs of instability prior to this incedent.

boo boo

What a crummy thing to have to go on TV and talk about. Stay strong.

LeahAngelle

Sad

Shaken not stirred

Thoughts and prayers...

Nekru

This was the work of a cowardly enward and of course the media is hiding the race once again. Trying to pretend that enwards are "normal".

LMT

So, he was not married to the child's mother?? I take it she was just another baby momma. This is part of the problem in this country. Too many children born to "baby mommas" with no marriage between the parents. Sad.

Mr. Pukey

Man this $ucks! I hope they 4th and 10 his punk a$$ and Adrian gets to trample his a$$! Hope the kid pulls through,

Kiko

Father of the Year! When your child is lying brain dead in a hospital bed after being beaten, I guess a public relations media scrum is the most important thing a father can do.

Your S&M Girlfriend

Attacking a child, a BABY!! should be punishable by immediate death. The mother is responsible too. Men don't just suddenly almost kill a baby one day. I'd bet money that this isn't the first time and Miss Thing will be making excuses for that coward. He should be drawn and quartered.

ZRGB

Omg what is wrong with women. I've been with my husband since my daughter was 10 months. We've been together almost 10 years and he would never hit her. Dont let men, step parent or not hit ur child. Come on.

Scout

WAIT! TMZ said, "The Minnesota Vikings running back immediately left his team to be with his son"

If he left and he's addressing the media, why are they setting up in MN?

WAIT! TMZ told us it was Adrian Peterson Jr. who was injured and even linked to some video of the little guy w/ his dad. BUT...it wasn't the right child.

Maybe TMZ needs to wait until they have accurate details before exploiting this tragedy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments