« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dies From Injuries

10/11/2013 8:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1011-adrian-peterson-02

update_bar
3:00 PM PDT:
Peterson just sent a series of Tweets: "God Bless everyone and thank u so much. The NFL is a fraternity of brothers and I am thankful for the tweets, phone calls and text messages from my fellow players. Thank you to my family, my fans and fans of other teams for their support."

gray-bar-update

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son has died ... cops have confirmed.

Cops believe Peterson's son was severely beaten by 27-year-old Joseph Patterson, the man who was dating the mother of the NFL star's child.

As we reported, the mother of the child has decided to donate the child's organs to people in need.

The boy was on life support since 5:30 PM Thursday ... but his condition never improved ... so family members made the decision to take the child off the ventilator.

Sources tell TMZ .. Adrian was informed about the situation before the news went public.

We're told Peterson will be planning the funeral with other members of the boy's family.

Patterson was initially arrested in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for assault and battery of an infant -- and now, it's almost certain the charges will be elevated to murder.

The details surrounding the beating are unclear -- but cops say medical responders were called to the apartment where the child was living on Wednesday evening ... and he was unresponsive when help arrived.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

I am Spartacus

Terrible story. I hope that guy rots in jail for the rest of his life. 2 year old child's whole life taken away.

MikeClovis

RIP young man. So sad for A.P.. Condolences to A.P.'s extended family.

Dead account Delete at will

Up next Kanye beats his bastard child to death in fit of rage and blames it on the pap for making flashy lights that made him angry

Babycakes

Well considering she put her son in the hands of an abuser donating his organs is the least she can do. No way in hell I am going to buy he just snapped and she had no idea or any other BS story.

Spunky Funk

This is so sad. Rest in peace, baby boy.
I know pro athletes are a different breed, but I think Adrian should take some time to grieve and maybe not play on Sunday. Then again - everyone grieves differently.

Wow ...

RIP Little guy. My condolences to his family.

Bee

What a horrible tragedy.

God bless this sweet little baby.

tru2me

My prayers are truly being sent to his family at this difficult time. No one can ever prepare for this. RIP

Truth

TOTAL F*CKER.. DUDE IS 187 FOR LIFE. NICE GOIN. WILL THAT BE HANGING OR THE NEEDLE? #TRUTH!!

me

Jail is too good for the monster that did this to that little angel. Why is torture wrong again?

Pete

HORRIBLE, ABSOLUTELY ****ING HORRIBLE.

Nayoko8462

My heart always breaks whenever I hear of a innocent child is abused or killed. My condolences to his family

Mickey

I'm a little puzzled by this situation. Is this just a "love child". I havent heard anything about how close Peterson is to this kid. Also , if things are really as bad as being reported, why hasn't he left the team to be with his son? Which is why I'm wondering if he has any relationship with this kid

YungOne

RIP Young soul.

ketjo

Poor baby...go play in God's garden with the other little angels ......Now the blame game will start....Why do these young women do this to their children exposing them to so much danger going from one man to the other.....Open your eyes and close your legs ...and think of your children..first...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments