« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dies From Injuries

10/11/2013 8:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

1011-adrian-peterson-02

update_bar
3:00 PM PDT:
Peterson just sent a series of Tweets: "God Bless everyone and thank u so much. The NFL is a fraternity of brothers and I am thankful for the tweets, phone calls and text messages from my fellow players. Thank you to my family, my fans and fans of other teams for their support."

gray-bar-update

Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son has died ... cops have confirmed.

Cops believe Peterson's son was severely beaten by 27-year-old Joseph Patterson, the man who was dating the mother of the NFL star's child.

As we reported, the mother of the child has decided to donate the child's organs to people in need.

The boy was on life support since 5:30 PM Thursday ... but his condition never improved ... so family members made the decision to take the child off the ventilator.

Sources tell TMZ .. Adrian was informed about the situation before the news went public.

We're told Peterson will be planning the funeral with other members of the boy's family.

Patterson was initially arrested in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for assault and battery of an infant -- and now, it's almost certain the charges will be elevated to murder.

The details surrounding the beating are unclear -- but cops say medical responders were called to the apartment where the child was living on Wednesday evening ... and he was unresponsive when help arrived.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Freebutterfly62

Adrian, although I dont know you nor you me, Dear Jesus My prayers are soooo with your broken heart , I know there is nothing I can say to take that pain away just wanted to let you know, My heart breaks for yours!!!!!!!!! SuAnn, n ALABAMA R3OLLLL TIDE ROLL, HOME OF The Number 1s........

Patty McCoy

What could a two year old baby have done to deserve this? He should be put away so no other child preys victim to this monster.

Bigmouth

I'm just pissed that the child is dead! I'm riding till the end to see what really happened! Nobody deserves their life taken. Now if it due to the boyfriend beating the child or the scenario of the tainted immunization (Silvermaven's comment) somebody needs to pay! Person or corporation! Nobody has the right to do God's job!

Keyser Söze

RIP, little man - you were obviously too good for this world.

Man... I really want that sonabitch dead. Never wished such ill-will toward another individual in quite some time. But this f*cker SHOULD DIE... after suffering for a long, long time.

Katie

I just wish like all of us out there that we would have protected him. May you rest in peace Sweet BABY

WLou

MEN, please be selective when you have unprotected sex. Make sure IF you are having casual sex with a woman YOU wrap it up. Don't rely on her memory to take her pill. After all, if she is having casual sex with you...her reasoning skills are questionable.

Mema

This is so sad, hold your little ones close..give them a hug.

hummergirl7

Adrian hang in there losing a child is aweful youll never ever get over it but keep the faith prayers to you and your family always god bless

Paddy

Hope the coward is taught his lesson multiple times in prison until he needs a wheelchair ans a seeing eye dog

Lisa B

For those wondering why he might still play in Sunday's game- read this article. It definitely seems like football is his preferred way to deal with pain. And it seems like he sure has had a lot of it :(

Ca2Az

My prayers to Adrian Peterson. My wish is for this pos to suffer a miserable and long death.

lol weezy

very sory and may his soul rest in peace

Carla Renfroe

What the actual F**k! I hope he is expecting a visit from the babys dad and a few of his friends!!

anne2

To the poster trying to blame this on "tainted immunizations"....How DARE you!!! How dare you!! For over 50 years we have given you people every opportunity to better yourselves! From food stamps to free housing to affirmative action to supporting homes for the aged to everything else you can name! Yet you you you choose the thug life generally,,look inside of the prisons for starters! Year after year day after day look at the Thugs and s*** who make the TMZ front pages....until you people try to catch a clue and learn how to parent nothing will change...!

Lake

"God bless everyone" ? I would laugh if that weren't so ridiculous. And why does anyone have to TWEET anyway?

Beating a toddler to death. Yum. Such a lovely crime! Horrifying.