Charlie Hunnam

Bails on 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie

10/12/2013 12:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1012-charlie-hunnam-50-shades-of-grey

Sorry ladies ... Charlie Hunnam has just dropped out of the big screen adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey" -- and it's all because of his role on "Sons of Anarchy."

According to reports ... the decision was made because Hunnam wasn't able to "adequately prepare" for the role due to his "immersive" TV schedule.

Makes sense, since filming was supposed to begin on the movie later this month -- but just days ago Hunnam was talking up how seriously he had been taking the role ... so it's pretty surprising.

Ian Somerhalder, your move.

Areval9

Even though i am a huge fan of charlie hunnam , im glad he wont be in this joke of a movie.

TedFrunk2

Just cancel the movie. Everybody's over it. Save the money.

Your S&M Girlfriend

That whole thing is a little far fetched. Some of you are just going to have to trust me on that. There is no such thing as Mr Beautiful Millionaire Get Wet In Your Nether Regions Just By Thinking Of Him. The whole thing would be far more realistic with an average looking guy who the audience had to look into to find the attraction. If you think that whole scene is populated by the Beautiful People you are sadly mistaken. Seriously.

Karen

Well this sucks! Charlie Hunnam is the ONLY reason I read the books in the first place! My fantasies are ruined! I have zero interest in seeing the movie now that he won't be in it! My day is ruined! Lol

splat66

Two words: Ron Burgundy

trout

Well that sucks. Somebody call Taylor Kitsch.

bring back recent posts

...Bruce Jenner??????????? haha

Samson

I strongly believe that he was pushed aside after they realised the immense backlash against him for this role. He is not right for the part. Plus it would have ruined his image for sure. I gave up on Sons of Anarchy a little while ago, although I realise it has a huge following because of him. I just lost interest in it (when they switched to Ireland for awhile didn't help).

NOT ELMO

Now a Days Movies Need To Be PG-13 in Order To Make Some Money and "50 SHADES OF GREY" i'm Sure Will Be R-RATED.............it Failed Already!

christy

Ian? He's Sissy boy cute. Charlie is a real man with rugged good looks.

Metta Worldhate

Who?

NOT ELMO

ALEXIS BLEDEL IS LATINA / HISPANIC AND SHE IS GORGEOUS, I'D RATHER SEE ALEXIS IN "50 SHADES OF GREY" THAN DAKOTA JOHNSON ANY DAY....

my 2 cents

Cast Ron Jeremy !

NOT ELMO

REPLACE DAKOTA JOHNSON, HIRE ALEXIS BLEDEL INSTEAD....

NOT ELMO

DAKOTA JOHNSON STILL CAN BE IN THE MOVIE BUT NOT AS THE LEAD, AS THE LEAD YOU BETTER HIRE ALEXIS BLEDEL...