« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hines Ward

I'm a Triathlete Now!

10/13/2013 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Aching News

1011-hines-ward-ironman-twitter
Hines Ward proved he's an athletic beast in Hawaii this weekend -- taking part in one of the most difficult triathlon courses ever ... for 13 hours!!

The whole race went down in Kona for the Ironman Triathlon where Ward finished 1,680th place yesterday.

To complete the course ... Hines had to swim, ride his bike and run for insane lengths -- 2.4 miles, 112 miles and 26.2 miles, respectively.

After the race the 37-year old athlete said he couldn't have done it without his trainer and the man upstairs adding, "God is good! Trust me, I kept talking to The Lord to help me get through the marathon."

0624_STARS_shaping_up_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

boo boo

Because America needs one more reason to love Hines Ward!

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

That picture screams... I'm Gay.

Friend

He looks like the child of Diana Nyad and Harvey.

ticallion

Looks like he's wearing a sports bra and tights.

Audrey

Oh wow...I, LITERALLY, thought that was a picture of an ugly Asian woman! Not trying to be mean.

Michelle

A triathlete now! He should try being a Father now to his two - 2 year old daughters (and no they are not twins) Jordyn and Jia. People praise this man for his accomplishments, little do they know he neglects two of his three kids. Run that story TMZ!!!

smurfya

Anyone else think that was a pic of a woman at first glance.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

TMZ too lazy to photoshop Richard Simmons behind him coming in second?

EnquirerLover

Amen Hines! God is indeed the best coach anybody could ask for. Congratulations on your success and to all those that completed this. Wow. Those are some hardcore athletes.

Smart

Who?

david 183

Dude looks like a lady.

rini6

Don't know how people do that. I trained for half marathon and was so exhausted and tired all the time. (I was running before so I was in good shape.) A marathon is just too long. How do you train for that and then do the biking and the swimming? I do give him props, though :-)

The New Improved Sock Puppet

He's a good guy, does a hell of a lot of charity work.

Y.T. Houx

so what about all those finishers who are not religious? who helped them??? and all the devout christians who failed to finish, why did god neglect them? and if there really was a "god", i seriously doubt it would care about triathlons, i mean with all the disease and starvation in the world it "created"

Truth

1680TH PLACE??? IN OTHER WORDS HE PLACED WITH ALL THE GERIATRICS. UM, OK.. MOVE IT ALONG HARVEY... TAKE A SEAT. #TRUTH!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments