Tommy Hilfiger

Ends the Denim Debate

NEVER WASH YOUR JEANS

10/14/2013 10:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

101413_tommy_hilfiger_launch
Fashion legend Tommy Hilfiger has just single-handedly ended the debate that has plagued America since the beginning of time -- how many times should you really wash your jeans? -- and his answer might kick up a stink.

Hilfiger was out in L.A. last night when we asked if it's okay not to wash your jeans all the time ... and Tommy says he NEVER washes his. Ever.

You should watch the video to hear Tommy's justification -- it kinda makes sense -- but part of us is also a little grossed out.

So we gotta ask ...

Ty

IF youre a somewhat clean person and dont own only one pair then once every few months is more than enough. Never is a bit much. But people do exaggerate with washing clothes by A LOT.

Whatever

We bought some very expensive jeans for my husband at Bloomingdales, my treat to celebrate a 20 pound weight loss. The clerk was saying the same gross thing - never wash premium denim. The guy says that what you do is roll them tight like in a roll, then put them in the freezer, as the skank order or bugs or germs are killed in the freezer and he does that only once every six months. We left there laughing our clean azzes off and plan to continue drycleaning them.

Livvie

I wash my old jeans once every two/three weeks...he's right though, if you wash them a lot they have to be broken in again. I wash new pairs when I get them because some have a lot of dye on them still. I break in new ones in about a month.

Nekru

When you have as much $$$ as he has, he only has to wear his jeans once and throw them away.

powerfulStuff

He probably doesn't even wear the same ones

KetchupPudding

Seriously ppl... I'm amazed there seems to be one person so far who got it. So I'll spell it out for you. He said he never washes his Levi's. Because they'll fall apart. Implying that Levi's are a crap brand that isn't made well.

Derpity derp derp.

Luz

Oh, my! That is NOT a good advice. My experience: the older and more washed jeans are, the better they fit and the more comfortable they get!

m

pretentious much? I guess his jeans are the only ones that will stand up to regular washing? hint tommy, Levi's have been around since the 1800s for a reason. I think they are pretty sturdy. nice underhanded jab though.

Kelly

It's gross but spot-on. If I were rich I would never wash my jeans. However, I wash them in cold, 10 times a year max and get new jeans every year. Never dry them in the dryer, also.

Rich

Duhhhhh, send them to the dry cleaners !!

tmzer

easy call. i get it. "don't wash it. buy new ones." commercialism. *shrugs*

Mponjoli malakasuka

Hilfiger what your trying to say , anyway i dont mess with hilfiger

Kristinajp

Oh man..I hope the friends i've let borrow my jeans in the past never saw this, lol

Truth

HILFIGER SAYS HE NEVER WASHES HIS JEANS... BUT I'M SURE HE HAS HELP WHO DOES. #TRUTH!!

bmsvds

...or sit in the chair where a 4 year old wet their pants 10 minutes earlier but it is already dry so you never suspect.......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments