« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

DNA Test Proved He Was the Dad

10/15/2013 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1011-getty-adrian-petersonWhen Adrian Peterson was told that he might be the father of a love child in South Dakota, he suspected it was true ... but he took a DNA test just to be sure, TMZ has learned.

Sources very familiar with the situation tell us ... when AP was notified about the situation roughly 2 to 3 months ago, he immediately offered to step up and help out in any way he could.

Adrian didn't suspect he was being targeted in any sort of cash grab -- but we're told that he realized it would be smart to get definitive proof that he was the child's biological dad before he made any big moves.

We're told ... once the test came back positive, AP supercharged his efforts to be a part of the kid's life -- and also offered to help out financially.

As we first reported, Adrian had initially planned to meet the child in the next couple of weeks -- but instead, he rushed to the hospital last week after learning the boy was on life support stemming from injuries allegedly caused by the mother's boyfriend.  The boy died shortly after Adrian visited him.

Our sources say ... Adrian plans to fly back to South Dakota to attend his son's funeral later this week. We're also told he will continue to communicate with the mother in the future.

0802_whos_daddy_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

The world is disgusting

Seems like somebody is trying desperately to do some PR damage control. He's a Sh1t bag. End of story.

CN

Careful with that seed, fellas.

J

Shouldn't the focus be making sure the s***bag that beat a 2 year old to death gets the maximum penalty allowed!

Chris

So Adrian gets credit for supposedly "offering" to help out financially? IT'S THE LAW, it's not like there was a choice involved.

mak920

To be honest I am sick of hearing this story. They are painting Adrian Peterson to be a stand up guy and a victim of this tragedy whom we should bad for when the reality is he never met the kid, his own child. He also has two other children with two other women whom he never sees. I also wasn't a fan of how he ran his homophobic judgmental views in the press saying gays aren't moral, like he is some saint. Please. This guy is not whom you think he is. The only person I feel bad for is the child who is the true victim here, not Adrian. RIP.

KayL84

There was a picture of him kissing his son on the field or the sideline. How can he not have ever met him??

Vicky

In 2 to 3 months since finding out, he COULD NOT be bothered to see his own child?

That kinda tells you all you need to know no? That poor child. Two awful people for parents...

realtalk

another pro ball player being reckless with his dick. the mother of the deceased child has no clue who the sperm donor was. so that proves she was sexing various guys unprotected. and adrian sexed her unprotected not caring if he had caught some std or hiv and passed it on to his wife.

Truth

LOOK... REAL REASON AP IS APPEARING DISTANT AND NONCHALANT ABOUT THE KID IS BECUZ IT IMPLIES HE WAS HOOKING UP WITH A WHITE CHIC ON THE SIDE. THE SAME TIME PERIOD HE WAS ENGAGED TO HIS FIANCE. HIS 2 KIDS - AP JR AND THE DEAD KID, TY ARE ABOUT THE SAME AGE. PROOF THE DOUCHE BAG WAS BANGING 2 CHICS AT THE SAME TIME AND HAD 2 KIDS WITH 2 DIFFERENT BABYMAMAS! POINT BLANK!! HENCE, THE EMOTIONAL DISCONNECT WITH HIS DEAD SON AND HIS FIANCE'S RANTS ON TWITTER MAKING THE DEAD KID LOOK LIKE HE DONT MEAN ANYTHING. #TRUTH!!

Celeb Gossip Addict

His PR person should have left out the part about him staying in touch with the mother. That is definitely a bad idea and I'm sure it's not true anyway as his fiance surely won't allow it. He needs to cool it with spinning this story.

ilovetheshowmadmen

my heart breaks for the baby that died from the thug... but in reality, how about wearing a condom and quit the pro-creating? Baby mama? You are as guilty as the sperm donor...

KayL84

I wish I could post a pic here. I'd post the one of him kissing his son on the field or sideline!! Its crazy that people believe this bs story

Truth

TMZ SUCKS FOR INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM. THE TRUTH ALREADY LEAKED FROM THE MAN WHO ACTUALLY TOOK CARE OF THE KID SINCE HE WAS BORN. DUDE IS NAMED BOBBY RUFFIN. HERE'S WHAT THE DUDE SAID ABOUT ADRIAN PETERSON ON FACEBOOK.
@BOBBY RUFFIN, SIOUX FALLS, SD... So tired of all this Adrian Peterson sh**!! Let me blow your minds. The boy who died was my son. Yes, AP he was his biological father but I raised him and he carries my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I dont blame AP for not caring cuz both him and I found out recently who biological father was. AP met my son first time yest when he was already in coma. I was here today when we pulled plug not him. He was happily practicing and playin on Sunday. So yea this isnt all out yet but I'm sick of all this AP sh**! He didnt even know or met my son!! Sorry for outburst but put yourself in my place.
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT... AP IS A FAKE ASS AND THAT PRESS CONFERENCE WAS FAKE, NON-CHALANT AND DISTANT. HIS FIANCE WAS EVEN IMPLYING **** ON TWITTER, VERY COLD AND DISTANT BASICALLY IMPLYING THE KID IS NOT MY BUSINESS AND THE TRUE SON IS HERS, AP JR. WHO IS ALIVE. TMZ SUCKS FOR FACTS! #TRUTH!!

Me2003

The only problem I have with the way this story is written is that he knew 2-3 months ago that the child was his....how is not seeing him since you knew about him "super charging" any efforts to be a father?

anony

These athletes are SO friggin' stupid.
If I was a guy like AP, I would have gotten a vasectomy right out of college.
He could always have gotten it reversed later.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments