« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

Man Who Raised AP's Son:

"So Tired of This 'Poor Adrian' Sh*t"

10/15/2013 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1015-adrian-peterson-bobby-rucken-tmz
The man who raised Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son says he's sick and tired of people feeling sorry for the NFL star, claiming AP didn't care about the boy because he never got the chance to meet him.

We broke the story, AP only learned he was the biological dad a few months ago. Before the revelation, the child's mother was under the impression that the father was a man named Bobby Ruffin.

After the child passed away on Friday, Bobby went to his Facebook page and unloaded ... writing, "So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson sh*t. Let me blow all your minds. The boy who died was my son."

"Yes A.P. he was the biological father but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz him and I both found out recently who the biological father was."

“AP met my son for the first time yest when my son was already in coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday."

"So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP sh*t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but put yourself in my place.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Shelby

its not AP's fault that he was never told he was the father...and last time i checked more than 1 person can be sad in this situation...UR NOT FAMOUS BOBBY..if it wasnt for AP's connection to the case no1 outside of Souix Falls would be talking about the horrible situation in the first place...be grateful that your sons killer is in jail and that justice will be served and stop being concerned with who gets the credit as his father...where exactly were you when your son was in the care of a convicted child abuser anyways?? dont start pointing fingers at AP for going about his job that will most certainly pay the bills for your sons funeral...

cory

You people are retarded. ok so AP wasn't in the kid's life and just recently met him. **** this ruffin guy anyway...he was a domestic abuser to his GF and son. so abusive that he KILLED his son. no i do not feel bad for him. i feel bad for the mother and the poor child who was murdered by this man.

gmoney

Mr Ruffin its funny that you are claiming him now that he has died however, where were you when the baby mother was looking to collect that child support. The only reason that it came out that AP was the baby's father is because she was taking your behind to court for child support and had to submit to court order testing. Now you want some sympathy...did you pay for the funeral?

Spanky18

Mr. Ruffin, my Sympathy goes out to you and the mother. However, if the baby was yours, where in the Hell were YOU~when he was being Beaten to death?

What do you want - A Father of the Year Award~ssmh

mwen

Amen to that! The media keeps talking about Adrian son died ect etc....Man didn't even know nor meet his son. As I stated earlier- he needs to keep his penis in his pants and stop making babies all over like some damn dog in heat.

chutch

Everybody is talking trash about AP. If he had just found out that it was his child then whose fault is it? The mother's. Just like its her fault that her child is dead. She left him with her new boyfriend. First you said it was Mr. Ruffin's son then it turned out to be Adrainne's son. I feel sorry for the child that was beat and Mr. Ruffin. You can't blame him about not caring for a child that he didn't know he had. At the end of the day an innocent child his dead because of the choices his mom made.

Onward

Totally agree, and I've been thinking the same thing. The mainstream media needs to stop portraying him as a grieving father...because he isn't.

jdavis

No one RAISED this child. He was a baby. The loss of any kind can be devastating and this was horrific. The person responsible didn't just turn into a creep one day he was from the day this child was put into his life. Our job is to protect those who cannot protect or help themselves. Mostly children. Who ever the sperm or egg donor is makes no difference. people having sex does not make parents. People will ride this story and battle for who did or didn't do what...but the CHILD, who ever DNA he had, was hurt. And as AP said in an article, he will be playing football as usual. And they will probably have record numbers watching him! This tragedy will turn a profit.

andrea

This guy is just seeking attention because if he was a good father he would not have need a DNA test to prove he is the father to take care of is son. Peterson was already rob 2 years of the boy life get over it

SureThing

Why wasn't the bio dad babysitting this poor child instead of this brutal child abuser the mother brought into her life?

andrea

This guy is just trying to get attention because if he was a good father as he say, he would not have need a DNA test to take care of is baby to fine out that he isn't the father. Peterson was already rob 2 years of is life so get over it

NTL

Bobby Ruffin - So you're to blame for not properly supervising the baby and the people around him then? I don't know why you're bringing attention to your shortcomings...I guess for the same reason you thought the child was yours. You're ignorant.

Bagheera

Poor Adrian, was never given a chance to be a father to his son. Poor Bobby Ruffin, for losing a child he got to be a father to. Poor Joe Patterson, for still drawing breath.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I don't know why he hadn't met the little one in the two months since knowing he was the father, but I do know that people deal with loss in very different ways. No one can stand in his shoes and say he doesn't feel loss just because he didn't meet the little one prior to this tragedy. Example, I know someone that never met their birth mother, even though they knew who she was. When she died, they cried and felt the pain as if they knew her. It sounds like he was intending to meet the child, and make arrangements to take care of the child. He couldn't have know that in two months time, the child would be beaten to death by the mother's current boyfriend. No one can walk in his shoes but him. Unfortunately for him, the image he will always have of the son he never knew, is seeing him on life-support. I've been there, and it's an image you will never ever forget. Having said all of that, I do feel for the man that thought he was the child's father until a couple of months ago, because he had time to bond with him before finding out he wasn't his birth father. I understand his frustration with the media's take on his very personal situation. He has a right to be frustrated and even angry because he was with the child for a good part of his life.

daved0622

Good for you Mr. Ruffin, you are a good MAN, speak your mind and F Petterson.