« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

Man Who Raised AP's Son:

"So Tired of This 'Poor Adrian' Sh*t"

10/15/2013 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1015-adrian-peterson-bobby-rucken-tmz
The man who raised Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son says he's sick and tired of people feeling sorry for the NFL star, claiming AP didn't care about the boy because he never got the chance to meet him.

We broke the story, AP only learned he was the biological dad a few months ago. Before the revelation, the child's mother was under the impression that the father was a man named Bobby Ruffin.

After the child passed away on Friday, Bobby went to his Facebook page and unloaded ... writing, "So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson sh*t. Let me blow all your minds. The boy who died was my son."

"Yes A.P. he was the biological father but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz him and I both found out recently who the biological father was."

“AP met my son for the first time yest when my son was already in coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday."

"So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP sh*t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but put yourself in my place.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Grace

The article I read before TMZ came out with this "exclusive" said that he is the one that wanted the DNA test in the first place. I read that on Fox news or CNN news a day after this poor child's death.

Doganr

Why don't they post a photo of the "mother" I bet she is a real "winner"

Erika Firlotte

I get it - I totally understand him on this one. I'm sorry for your loss Mr. Ruffin.

Ashley

I have to say I agree with him. Sperm doesn't make a father it is this guy who was there for this child. It is to bad they couldn't keep the boy safe and moms boyfriend away from him. Sadly this happens to often. I feel for this man because first the shock the child isn't his and then the child dies. Such a sad situation. Hope the other children this woman has, if any, are taken away.

Pecker

Can't blame the guy but people aren't sympathetic with AP cause he's the bioligical father but mostly because he's a public figure with a following. Alot of dads out there lose their kids at an early age, but we wont hear about those cases. When a celeb or sports figure has it happen to them, of course theres a story.

Lisa Ann

Finally someone that was really involved with this case is speaking out!!!

Pimpcessa

Well, I gotta say, I can totally understand his point. But where is "Baby-Mama" since this happened? Ever since the story came out, we've heard about/from everyone from the killer (via police), the sperm donor and the man who has raised him. But when it comes to mama...it's nothing but...crickets! WTF is up with that? And why was this lunatic even around her kid alone?

pattycake

I agree with you Mr. Ruffin. I don't have much sympathy for AP. You raised that boy and he thought of you as his daddy. But then I must ask: why didn't you monitor who his mother was shacking up with? I just wonder how long you were with the mother and how long did you get to raise him. Only on weekends? Once in awhile? It doesn't look like, to me, that you were any better parent than AP.

WildeaboutAusten

I agree with him and maybe Peterson isn't hurting as bad but the chance to know his child was taken from him. It's not his fault he didn't know sooner. Everybody in the situation is at a loss. But I'm wondering about the mom. There had to be signs of abuse at some point beforehand. Either way, such a sad time.

c

Wah, wah, jackass. Guess what? You don’t own grief and it’s not AP’s fault the slut mother lied to him until not too long ago. He would have tried to be a father if she hadn’t shacked up with a monster and not given a second though about her son’s welfare. And I hate to tell you but if it wasn’t for AP all these people wouldn’t have felt sorry for you in his place; frankly, most of them wouldn’t have known about it because the only reason it was on national news was because of AP.

Googie

Ruffin's comments are making him look like an arse & overshadowing the love & care he gave the baby. Why Ruffin so angry at Peterson when Peterson didn't even know he had a son until a couple of months ago. The baby mama apparently left Ruffin & took up with the baby killer. She's the one who led Ruffin to believe it was his baby.

Perhaps Ruffin is showing his grief by lashing out at Peterson, but it's making Ruffin look bad.

Los Pepes

Mind blowing a guy never cared to see his own child until he was dead
Says a lot about AP's character

El P

Wow, this goes to show how mothers need to be honest about who may possibly be the father! I get Mr. Ruffin's feeling, but AP has a gripe too! I feel bad for both guys, but Ruffin has a worst cross to bare!!!

Lee

And where were you Mr. Riffin when the child was being killed. Oh that's right, the mother dropped you. Adrian never claimed to be the dad for the last 2 years. He just found out this summoner he was the dead. Enjoy your 15 minutes which are over as of now.

PPL SUCK

are you kidding me?! it doesn' tmatter what the f*ck this ******* thinks!!! HE BEAT A 2 YEAR OLD LIKE A GROWN ASS MAN...IF HE REALLY EVEN CARED AND SAYS HE TOOK CARE OF THAT CHILD (THINKING IT WAS HIS) WTF WOULD HE HAVE BEATEN THAT POOR DEFENSELESS CHILD?!
PIECE OF SH*T DESERVES TO GET BEAT UNTIL AN INCH OF HIS LIFE IS LEFT