« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

Man Who Raised AP's Son:

"So Tired of This 'Poor Adrian' Sh*t"

10/15/2013 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1015-adrian-peterson-bobby-rucken-tmz
The man who raised Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son says he's sick and tired of people feeling sorry for the NFL star, claiming AP didn't care about the boy because he never got the chance to meet him.

We broke the story, AP only learned he was the biological dad a few months ago. Before the revelation, the child's mother was under the impression that the father was a man named Bobby Ruffin.

After the child passed away on Friday, Bobby went to his Facebook page and unloaded ... writing, "So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson sh*t. Let me blow all your minds. The boy who died was my son."

"Yes A.P. he was the biological father but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz him and I both found out recently who the biological father was."

“AP met my son for the first time yest when my son was already in coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday."

"So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP sh*t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but put yourself in my place.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Pink elephant

From reading some of the posts I think people are getting confused, Bobby, the guy complaining, didn't murder the child...Joseph Patterson did.

Sunshine

Mr. Ruffin, where were you when your "child" was getting beat?

RealAsTheyCome!

OMG PEOPLE, are you really that dumb? This guy is not the one who merdered the child, it was an asian guy!!!!! Smh

Fel

I've followed this & while I do feel bad for Mr Ruffin, the reason the paternity test ever was done was that the mom wanted him to pay child support & he didn't until after a test was done After it proved he wasn't the father, he walked away & did nothing. He may say he was a father, but a father would help financially regardless. AP was no better once paternity was established for him because he also did nothing. J/s

SXQN

All the adults here are sick as hell. A child had his life brutally taken, and the people who should be the most outraged are trying to place blame for who getting the most publicity about how they grieve, and why. All seem to lost focus. The media gonna do what they do to attract followers. That's their job. WHAT ABOUT THE BABY?

Carl

He has a point, but on the other hand no one outside of the community where it happened would have heard of the story if not for the connection to Peterson.

younglady

I can empathize with this man. People forget that A.P. hadn't even met this poor child. Just because someone fathered/mothered a child, it doesn't make them a parent.

Nonsense

So let me get this straight. Peterson is the biological father, Ruffin raised him and the mother had a boyfriend that beat the child to death. Is that correct? WTF?

Scary

Well, that's gross. Did anyone involved really care about the poor kid? This guy should be taking it up with the baby momma and no one else. And the baby just died, but this guy is obviously thinking about himself. He's hurt because people aren't making enough of a fuss over him being the dad that raised the kid? How about the kid who won't ever get to grow up? How about the kid that was abused by the baby momma's bf? How about the kid who didn't even know his birth father?

Nirad

Oh, ok, that makes it ok to kill him then? NOT!

Scary

If I'm not mistaken, Peterson didn't even know the kid existed until recently. And once he did find out and established paternity, he did try to help out. It's not Peterson's fault if someone else was raising the kid. This guy should be mad at the baby momma, if anything. She played him.

Nirad

Who cares what you think? You're a coward and a loser.. Beating a 2 year old, do you feel like a man now? They're gonna love you in Prison, Bitch.

Coco

Ruffin is a selfish Peice of Sh**! For him to hurt this baby and cause death he has some nerve to post anything! His opinion does not matter and anyone is feels for him is an idiot! I hope he gets eaten alive in Prison! Filthy Animal!

Truth

THE MOTHER'S NAME IS ANN 'ASHLEY' DOOHEN. HER FB PAGE, SEARCH UNDER SAME NAME. PICS OF HER AND THE 2 YR OLD, TY ROBERT RUFFIN. TYPE THE FOLLOWING: facebook.com/ann.a.doohen/photos. YOU SEE THE MOM AND PICS OF THE KID. GOTTA ADMIT THE MOM LOOKS KINDA HOT IN A BIKINI... BUT WE ALL KNOW SHE'S A SLUT IN REAL LIFE. #TRUTH!!

Fel

I just want to say for everyone out there that aren't clear in this matter, Mr Ruffin is not the child abuser/killer. It is a Mr Joey Patterson.