« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

Man Who Raised AP's Son:

"So Tired of This 'Poor Adrian' Sh*t"

10/15/2013 10:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1015-adrian-peterson-bobby-rucken-tmz
The man who raised Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son says he's sick and tired of people feeling sorry for the NFL star, claiming AP didn't care about the boy because he never got the chance to meet him.

We broke the story, AP only learned he was the biological dad a few months ago. Before the revelation, the child's mother was under the impression that the father was a man named Bobby Ruffin.

After the child passed away on Friday, Bobby went to his Facebook page and unloaded ... writing, "So tired of this poor Adrian Peterson sh*t. Let me blow all your minds. The boy who died was my son."

"Yes A.P. he was the biological father but I raised him and he carried my name. Tyrese Robert Ruffin. I don’t blame AP for not really caring cuz him and I both found out recently who the biological father was."

“AP met my son for the first time yest when my son was already in coma. I was here today when we pulled the plug, not him. He was happily practicing and has no problem playing on Sunday."

"So yea this isn’t all out yet but I’m sick of the poor AP sh*t. He didn’t know or even meet my son. Sorry for the outburst but put yourself in my place.”

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mponjoli malakasuka

Am with you men, and am sorry for your loss

bart

The guy has a big point. He was the man that raised the boy not AP. I feel sorry for the father that raised the child not so much AP and why did he not visit the boy when he found out he was the real father. I wouod had been on a plane the next day. Out of respect AP should had not played the game of football.. Big deal if you miss one stupid game.

ELC

I'm sick and tired of hearing this whole story. The sad part is a 2 year old was beaten to death and its really too late to claim paternity. This woman gets knocked up and then has to get a test because she has no clue who the "daddy" is. Please, it no longer matters now does it?Fatherhood shouldn't be based on sperm donation, but on how the person cares for the child.

eduardogilberto

The kid was two years old...there really wasn't any raising done...Didn't even have the opportunity to live life....

ItsRoni

So where was he when the child he claims to love so much was left with another guy? Why is he on Facebook whining about AP getting the attention and not him, when he should be mourning his step-son and making arrangements for him? This dude is all about getting some attention for himself!

beeteezy864

I feel wat this guy is sayn...however its not ap doing the writing...& like he said they both found out who the real father is recently....no way of telling wat kinda dad ap wouldve been had he known from the start...he seems to be a good father to ap jr...

NINA

I KNEW there was something cold about AP playing on Sunday. I was stunned, but tried not to be cynical. No true father would have been able to play a football GAME when his son has just died. I've heard that everyone deals with grief their own way, but I thought that was so wrong. Shame on you AP. As far as him not knowing he was the dad, then he needs to keep it in his damn pants or wear a raincoat.

Toni

He should pay for the funeral ..... N help the momma get some grief counseling ....

Jen Koster

What makes Ruffin a father he beats the kid to a pulp and that makes him a good dad?. I am sure if AP knew he had a child he would have stepped up. Now he doesnt get that chance, Stop harping on AP and but the blame where it really lies on the man who killed and innocent child!

Sandy Blend

If you're such a great a dad, why is he dead???

James420

Well said. At least someone cared about this child.

Vic Creed

Only a dumb hoe would allow themselves or their children to be abused. No excuses.

Vic Creed

F.Y.I. Mr. Ruffin your child's mother is a whore.

Kim

Well to be honest, if not for AP no one would be talking about it and second it's not his fault that the trifling trick did not know who fathered her baby, and third it's his fault that he didn't get a paternity test from this chick and took care of a child that was not his. I feel sorry for all involved, but no one knows who he is and if not for AP being famous no ne would really be talking about the situation.

sunsurf3

@KicksandGiggles sorry I should know better than to expect a jock to read the entire article or post because clearly you missed the part where to ho did not tell this man. I bet you get more upset of a bad pass then other peoples feelings lol......