Andrae Crouch

Gospel Star Rushed To Hospital

10/15/2013 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1014-andrae-crouch-getty
Famed gospel singer Andrae Crouch was rushed to the hospital Sunday after falling ill in the shower at his L.A. home ... TMZ has learned.

The 71-year-old Grammy winner behind "Let the Church Say Amen" tells us he was "overcome by heat" during his shower ... and shouted for his assistant and his twin sister to call for help.

An ambulance arrived to the scene -- and Crouch was transported to a nearby hospital. A few hours later, doctors determined Crouch was OK, and he was cleared to go home.

We spoke to Crouch ... who tells us he suffers from diabetes and suspects his condition contributed to the incident in the shower.

The singer tells us he feels better now, but adds, "Diabetes is no fun."

He adds, "Thanks to all my fans for all your prayers and support."

Amen.

★★★ I HATE MONDAYS ★★★

F-ing Spammers

◉Þ

NOT ELMO

he feels better now, but adds, "Diabetes is No Fun."...............Thanks For The information

Clyde T.M. Nestra

An episode of low blood sugar can make your legs turn to cooked spaghetti. Glad this guy didn't fall and break something.

INTHEZONE

the lord is calling him home

Celeb Gossip Addict

Glad it didn't turn out to be something serious. At least I hope not.

ohcomeon

We love you Andrae - Soon and very soon - But not so soon! ;-)

dee

Glad he is okay!

stu

Like the sports pg TMZ...start a Gospel pg =no1 cares.

KicksandGiggles

This does not belong on TMZ site. This man is decent.

wil

Man! When I'm seventy -one I too would like to have that jet-black stylin'...What's up with that"?..All I could think was Wayne Newton...just sayin'...

pastorjoe

TMZ I have never regiustered to comment with any news organization before, however your report regarding the health of legendary gospel music icon Andrae Crouch deserves recognition. Andrae has millions of fans all over the world. His ministry and musical influence has spanned over 40 years. His contemporary gospel music style changed gospel music forever. Thanks for recognizing his significance to our times and the industry. Thank -you for being aware of his importance to millions of fans around the world. Respect and propos TMZ!!!

Monday

Thanks to God for you are well now. We love you. www.wofbcii.com.

busy bee

Everything Changed When Christ Stepped Into My Life, He Brought to Me A Breath of Spring, and then He Brought Me A New Song to Sing, Everything Changed When Christ Stepped Into My Life.

busy bee

Tell Them, Even if they don't Believe You, Just Tell Them Even if they dont Receive You, Tell them that I Love Them, and I came them know. Tell Them

busy bee

Tell them When it Seems you are Forsaken, Just Tell them, Though it Seems Your Earth is Shaken, Tell them that I Love Them.