Casey Kasem

He's Dying ...

A Few Months to Live

10/19/2013 12:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1001_casey-kasem_getty
Casey Kasem
will die in the next few months ... this according to a rep for Casey's wife Jean.

As we reported, Casey and Jean were sued by a former caregiver who claimed she was mistreated and cheated by Jean during her employment with the couple.  The housekeeper, Hilda Loza, sued in small claims court and the case was heard Friday.

Jean did not appear at the hearing.  The wife of her lawyer appeared on Jean's behalf.  The woman told the judge ... Jean wanted a continuance for a few months because that's how long it will take for "the situation to resolve or end, unfortunately."

If that seems a little cryptic, Jean submitted legal docs in which she said, "My husband is terminally ill and unable to leave home."

The case was thrown out because Hilda didn't properly serve the Kasem's with the lawsuit.  She has the right to try again, but it looks like the clock is ticking.

Elizabeth

I listen to an old program of Casey's-on FM radio talking about the top 40 music and great band's of the era- his voice is very uplifting, when I listen to him-

Whether or not he dies, he is very important; and part of the music industry!

Sandra82

So sad to hear this..I used to listen to him when I was about 14-15 every night..Best wishes to you Mr. Kasem ..much love!!!

ElisabethIsDisgusting

All the more reason that Jean should let the kids see their father!!! B*tch!

I-See-Dumb-People

His death will likely come sooner than "a few months." Advanced dementia patients, which is what we've been told Casey is suffering from, die from starvation. The starvation brings about organ failure, but it's the fact they cannot eat or drink anymore that's the primary cause of death.

I lost an uncle recently this way, after watching him decline for years.. Peace to the Kasem family.

Ladylike

Listened to him as a tween many years ago. Something I looked forward to all the time as my parents were going through a divorce & fighting constantly. His soothing voice & music were my only solace back then. Thank you, Mr. Casem. I hope your not suffering. Godspeed.

darcy

My dad died of the exact same thing...Parkinson's with dementia. It is brutal and devastating. Work this out people. It will be better for all involved...even after he's gone.

CMIDGET2000

SUE, SUE, SUE IS ALL SOME PEOPLE THINK ABOUT.....BUT CASEY'S WIFE NEEDS TO LET HIS CHILDREN SEE HIM BEFORE HE PASSES. SHE IS DEFINITELY WRONG BY NOT LETTING THEM SEE HIM. IF HE WERE MY DAD, I WOULD DEFINITELY BEEN THERE COME HELL OR HIGH WATER WEATHER SHE (JEAN) LIKES IT OR NOT.....

Mary Cox

The only thing wrong with Lara Flynn Boyle is botched plastic surgery. She has apparently not held up well with age, but her face is really messed up now!

Garrett Dent

I love TMZ. My friend Charlotte and friend took the tour.

mishy1

Let the kids see him, All the best to you casey.

baybek8s

Jean is hiding something. Casey's kids had better get off their duff and do something, QUICK. When their father is gone, it will be too late.

buzz kill

That's good to know, I will have to pick ole Casey in the next death pool.

demoncat

if casey has that long now the kids should just kick the door in and tell jean no more we are going to spend some time with our father whether you like it or not before the end. screw the money you could lose when he croaks.

John San Juan

I don't understand why Mrs. KASEM refused to let his children to see their father. What's a shame? That's unacceptable behavior she has before.

John San Juan

Why his wife refused to let his daughters to see him? I don't understand! Inexcusable behavior she had!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments