« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

Son's Alleged Killer Charged

With Murder

10/21/2013 5:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1021-peterson-patterson-02
The man who allegedly beat Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son to death was just charged with second degree murder ... TMZ has learned.

Joseph Patterson was charged with second degree murder and 2 counts of first degree manslaughter, as well as aggravated battery of an infant.  He was also charged with felony child abuse.

Patterson, who was dating Adrian's baby mama at the time, was supposed to be caring for the child while she was away.

Second degree murder carries a mandatory life sentence in South Dakota.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

tonywestspeaks!

I guess he couldn't stand the fact that his girlfriend had a black child. May your soul burn in hell.

just4funtraci

That's great news! I'm glad he can never hurt another innocent child!

Your S&M Girlfriend

He should be drawn and quartered immediately after conviction; not even brought back to prison. The mother should be held on charges too. I'm sure at autopsy there will be evidence of healing injuries on that poor baby. I doubt if he was all sweetness and light and loved, loved, loved the baby and he suddenly snapped out of the blue. She's just another bitch who willingly sacrificed her child just to have a "man" in her bed. She should die too before she goes for the 18 year payday again and puts that child in danger.

Sherms

PUT HIM IN GENERAL POPULATION!!!!!!

Martina

Adrian is a great person and a great father. I can't imagine how sad he must be today. Adrian you are awesome and the public is with you!

Shaquille O'Neal

What a damn punk!!! Nothing worse than abusing an innocent child!!! Go to hell loser!!!

Me

I hope she is being charged with child endangerment and is put in jail too. This is not the first time he has hurt a child. She never should have left her son alone with him.

Ryuga the Dragon Emperor

Adrian is celebrating because he doesn't have to pay child support for him.

Crackhead

Joseph Patterson??? Who looks like that and thinks, hey, I'll just call myself Joseph Patterson? This guy obviously has some serious problems going on. It's too bad the authorities couldn't have locked him up before he hurt someone

jeannie

Too bad it wasn't 1st degree murder. People like him deserve the death penalty.

Azi

I wonder if he'll work in the prison laundry ?

Black Adam

Poor kid did not stand a chance against secret Asian Discipline technique.

PandiMarie4

I hope they beat the **** out of him!

Truth

ANCIENT CHINESE SECRET... THE TIGER MOM MENTALITY AT WORK! #TRUTH!!

alia

I just look into that guys evil eyes, and think of the fear that poor little boy went through while he was beating him to death! What kind of a man does something like that to a innocent child? I hope he has nightmares everything night for the rest of his life, and he gets his karma in prison ~~ he'll probably take the cowards way out and hang himself instead of living the hell he should live the rest of his life for what he did.....SHAMELESS evil person!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments