« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Packers Star Jermichael Finley

I'm Out of ICU

... And I Can Walk

10/21/2013 5:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1021-jermichael-finley-01

Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley says he's finally been transferred out of the ICU -- and was able to walk today -- after badly injuring his spinal cord during Sunday's game against Cleveland.

Finley -- who was removed from the field on a stretcher yesterday -- tweeted moments ago ... "I'm happy to report that I have been transferred out of the intensive care unit and that I have full feeling in my arms and legs."

He added, "As importantly, I was able 2 walk to & from the shower today, which was badly needed after yesterday's victory!"

"Thank u again 4 the support, and Go Packers!"

Finley was having a helluva game until he took a shot to the head while trying to catch a pass over the middle. Finley had already suffered a concussion earlier in the season and his son asked him to stop playing football.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dead account Delete at will

well hell even in the picture you can tell he doesn't even know how to hold the damn ball

Dead account Delete at will

Badly injuring his spinal cord? Do you even have the slightest clue what the injury was? If it was a real injury he would not be walking or taking a shower the next day. I call Bull****. He just saw stars and its all precaution

Metta Worldhate

Cool, does that mean we can rip him now? Packers suck, you went down like a b-tch!

KicksandGiggles

Screw these miserable Haters Finley, I frankly wish you the best of luck in your recovery!! I am not a packers fan, just a human being.

bring back recent posts

...cherish your life and make a difference..great news

npsconnie

Best wish to Jermichael for a complete and speedy recovery. Hope to see him on the football field soon.
GO PACKERS!!

StevenB

That was a scary injury. He was actually visibly shaking while on the ground and according to his teammate Quarless, when he offered him hand up Finley told him he couldn't move, though we was able to a few minutes later. The coach said today that they don't expect to know for weeks yet the full extent of the injury.

I would be shocked if he played again this season and not at all surprised if he decided to call it a career.

Truth

DUDES GONNA BE ANOTHER BROKE ASS PLAYA... HAS 5 KIDS, BABYMAMAS IN TEXAS AND 2 KIDDIES WITH HIS CURRENT WIFE IN GREEN BAY. CAREER ENDS... HE BETTER FILE FOR BANKRUPTCY CUZ ALL HIS CASH WILL BE TIED TO CHILD SUPPORT. ANOTHER REASON TO KEEP UR PEEN TIED IN UR PANTS. ONE INJURY AND UR DONE IN PRO SPORTS... JUST LIKE HIS PRO PAYCHECK. DOESNT LAST 4EVER. WHY HOT CHICS SHOULDNT MARRYING BALL PLAYAS... #TRUTH!!

6one9

Let the poor guy heal before you look into how many baby' mommas he has!!
______________________________________
Thanks!!

jonbase

This is ****in dope I made 300000 already http://www.theweeklypay.com/index.php?share=13638

Jerrie

You can have a bruised spinal cord and be able to walk so to say he doen't have a serious injury is bull****. Any injury to the spine is serious. Thankfully he didn't have a paralyzing injury. And Skit, if you look at the picture its obvious he was in the process of catching the ball when the picture was taken. Prayers for a speedy recovery for Jermichael....Hook'Em!