Katharine McPhee

KISSING 'SMASH' DIRECTOR

Both Married to Other People

10/22/2013 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1021-mcphee-kissing-launch-2
Katharine McPhee is dating her former "Smash" director Michael Morris, TMZ has learned ... and they're even making out in public -- problem is, THEY'RE BOTH MARRIED TO OTHER PEOPLE.

Morris is married to actress Mary McCormack (who played Howard Stern's wife in "Private Parts") ... and they have 3 young daughters together, ages 2, 6 and 9.

1021_michael-morris-and-mary-mccormack_getty
29-year-old Katharine is married to 47-year-old producer Nick Cokas -- they have no children.

Sources close to Katharine and Nick tell TMZ ... the two have been separated for 6 months and are living apart. They were married in 2008.

1021_katharine-mcphee-and-nick-cokas_getty
It's unclear where Michael's relationship with Mary stands -- but it seems it's also on the ropes, because over the weekend he was sucking face with Katharine in broad daylight in L.A. like he didn't care who saw.

The two weren't shy with the PDA either -- holding hands and cuddling each other in Hollywood.

So far, no official comment from any of the parties involved.

grumpiestoldman

You would have to be a psychopath to cheat on a babe like Mary McCormick! Especially with a herpes infested gutter dweller.

August

She isn't moving up in Hollywood with her singing & acting...that leaves the TRIED & TESTED Hollywood Jewish Casting Couch route?

Sue

Katherine. ,welcome to Hollywood where nothing is real. See you in ten years when he is cheating on you and you are starting to look old....

Ron Fing Swanson

The guy in the bottom looks like Rick from the Walking Dead sorta.

pk

When all is said and done both parties will get what they deserve.

Joe the Plumber

Morris, you are trading down with McPhee.

Paul

Golly gee, who could have guessed people in Hollywood would be such filthy, despicable pigs ...

Oh wait we already knew they all were, no story here.

Spanky

Couldn't even wait. Poor kids will suffer the most.

sh

Wow, Marys show is canceled and word of the affair hits......all in a few day's time. Love Mary! Stay strong Mary. The public loves you for your talent and beauty.

Kristinajp

I don't get why people get their panties in a bunch when 2 people that are separated fro mm their spouses start dating. For me by the time I called in the separation I was already all cried out. I've slept with 2 men in the last 16 yrs, my ex husband who cheated on me when he relapsed and my fiance now who I started dating a week after the separation (we became friends through other friends while I was trying to work things out with my ex and get in help more help through outpatient rehab...once I caught more Craigslist hookups I was done). So by you'lls standards I would be slutty....everything isnt so black and white...

tessa

cheaters are lowlife forms and it goes double when a family with children is involved. be a PARENT and take care of your home, wife and children. what a couple of dips.

Gretel

My first thought was it doesn't look like a super long range lens picture, it isn't a dark back table at an obscure restaurant or such place, it's pretty much out in the open so maybe it isn't as secret as TMZ is making it out to be.

darkhorse91

Just shows no one in Hollywood can hold a meaningful relationship.

Laurie123

She should go on tour with Leann Rimes

karri

wow.. really disappointed in her.. obviously at LEAST flirting was going on during "Smash" and he has 3 KIDS!! SHAME on you Katharine.. One has to pick the path of staying away from people that are married!! The men aren't going to do it.. so stand up and be a strong chick and don't take crap...