Katharine McPhee

KISSING 'SMASH' DIRECTOR

Both Married to Other People

10/22/2013 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1021-mcphee-kissing-launch-2
Katharine McPhee is dating her former "Smash" director Michael Morris, TMZ has learned ... and they're even making out in public -- problem is, THEY'RE BOTH MARRIED TO OTHER PEOPLE.

Morris is married to actress Mary McCormack (who played Howard Stern's wife in "Private Parts") ... and they have 3 young daughters together, ages 2, 6 and 9.

1021_michael-morris-and-mary-mccormack_getty
29-year-old Katharine is married to 47-year-old producer Nick Cokas -- they have no children.

Sources close to Katharine and Nick tell TMZ ... the two have been separated for 6 months and are living apart. They were married in 2008.

1021_katharine-mcphee-and-nick-cokas_getty
It's unclear where Michael's relationship with Mary stands -- but it seems it's also on the ropes, because over the weekend he was sucking face with Katharine in broad daylight in L.A. like he didn't care who saw.

The two weren't shy with the PDA either -- holding hands and cuddling each other in Hollywood.

So far, no official comment from any of the parties involved.

BimboBama

Oh that's classy.

New Orleans

I'm sure those three little girls must be heartbroken. These people are s***my losers. Team Mary!

Truth

WOW, SUCKS FOR MCCORMACK! FIRST, THERE GOES HER 10YR MARRIAGE TO A LOSER... AND 2ND, HER LATEST TV SERIES WAS ANNOUNCED CANCELED ON OCTOBER 18TH. MCPHEE AINT DOING MUCH BETTER... BITCH IS STILL UNEMPLOYED SINCE SMASH WAS CANNED. #TRUTH!!

MaryDuran00

my Aunty Hannah recently got a fantastic cream Chevrolet Impala Sedan by working from a macbook air... this b­o­w­6­.­c­ℴ­m­

R

Now that is a real kiss. Lot better than most movie kissing.

jabberjaws

Who?

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

nafka

Just My Opinion

The blonde chick played Howard Stern's wife. There is your proof that what they say about dumb blondes are true. If I were her husband, I would move on too. Who wants to kiss the mouth that kissed a s c u m bag like Howard Stern?

elm

A Hollywood marriage can't be deemed "successful" without some adultery adding to the dysfunction. Mutual adultery preferably......

Linda Moore

Makes me sick! I'm a huge fan of Mary and was a fan of Katherine, but this PDA is just too much! How dare she make out in public with another woman's husband! What a skank! Shame on you, Katherine!!

Ozzie X

When you are not feeling someone anymore, it is cordial to tell them, it's done. The reason for the lack of filing for a divorce is in the works, it takes time to file for a divorce. It is not a next morning thing. You have to hire attorneys go to court, provide the appropriate do***ents.

Ozzie X

Mcphee is a catch I hope she finds happiness with someone else.

Nicole

TMZ, don't you know how to use IMDB. Mary was on a current TV show (Welcome to the Family,) that was just cancelled this week. Not a good week for her.

Ozzie X

I take it all back I have no idea who is sucking face and not. Hollywood s***. Get an STI check.

Machelle

Classless. At least wait until you're divorced before you show the world that you have no morals. Oh the pollution in California!