Katharine McPhee

KISSING 'SMASH' DIRECTOR

Both Married to Other People

10/22/2013 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1021-mcphee-kissing-launch-2
Katharine McPhee is dating her former "Smash" director Michael Morris, TMZ has learned ... and they're even making out in public -- problem is, THEY'RE BOTH MARRIED TO OTHER PEOPLE.

Morris is married to actress Mary McCormack (who played Howard Stern's wife in "Private Parts") ... and they have 3 young daughters together, ages 2, 6 and 9.

1021_michael-morris-and-mary-mccormack_getty
29-year-old Katharine is married to 47-year-old producer Nick Cokas -- they have no children.

Sources close to Katharine and Nick tell TMZ ... the two have been separated for 6 months and are living apart. They were married in 2008.

1021_katharine-mcphee-and-nick-cokas_getty
It's unclear where Michael's relationship with Mary stands -- but it seems it's also on the ropes, because over the weekend he was sucking face with Katharine in broad daylight in L.A. like he didn't care who saw.

The two weren't shy with the PDA either -- holding hands and cuddling each other in Hollywood.

So far, no official comment from any of the parties involved.

Diana

Their spouses should divorce them. Then the cheaters can get together and cheat on each other.

hf2hvit

Wasn't she played up as a good christian girl???

Dave

They still get married in Hollywood, so they can spread the wealth around during the expected divorce.

Mimi

I NEVER liked that McPhee - she was always so fake on Idol and I would never watch her show. Not surprised. I wish they wouldn't publicize this if it destroys the family with those girls.

Mimi

AngelPrincesss

This is the 2nd young actress that has been caught kissing her director. First Kristen Stewart and now Katherine McPhee. It's great that Kat is separated now, but the guy she's banging wears a golden band on the left hand. What a damn home wrecker!!!!

SarahT

Think about it...when you "friendly kiss" someone, you don't turn your head to the side.

Steve

Katherine's husband should take her across his lap and give her the spanking of her life on her bare bottom.

Will

C'mon people they are not having sexual relations with that woman/man, oh wait...that's Bill Clinton that was not doing that. I guess a Cigar does not count. Some of you will remember what I am talking about :-).

Will

C'mon everybody give them a break they did not have sexual relations with that woman/man, oh wait...that was Bill Clinton that said that. Oh well, I guess if they only used the Cigar then it's probably OK! Some readers will get the funny in this :-)

lacabrera

If it had been Richard Simmons kissing another male ,no one would anything or make any comments about it !

Bobo

the slut is sleeping around for parts/leverage in hollywood

Val

Doesn't this kind of remind anyone of the Eddie Cibrian/LeAnn Rimes affair?

Chas in NYC

What a nation of voyeurs we have become! I can't believe I fell into this wormhole of wondering what the rich and famous get up to. And like another commenter said, "Who are these people and why do we care?" I never heard of either person and if SMASH is their only claim to fame, we all won't be hearing much more about them.

Victoria

She will do anything for publicity, I don't like her but had to come into here and comment. people shouldn't be marriaged. Some stars to be, are lucky, they have a dad who is famous and a singing teacher for a mom.