Justin Bieber

Building School in Guatemala

... Without Shirt

10/28/2013 8:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1028-bieber-02

Justin Bieber ventured deep into the Guatemalan jungle to help a group of poor villagers construct a badly needed schoolhouse this weekend ... and TMZ has the pics.

After Justin performed in Guatemala City on Saturday, he joined up with Pencils of Promise -- an organization dedicated to building schools for communities in need.

JB was choppered into a remote area outside the city on Sunday ... where a makeshift construction crew was already busy putting up walls for the new school.

1028-bieber-01

In a video posted on his blog, Bieber says the town was overrun with poverty -- "I'm not talking about poor, I'm talking about 10 people living in a little shack."

Inspired, Justin ditched his shirt and went to work -- grabbing a wheelbarrow and helping to build a wall for the school.

He also took off his shoes and gave them to one of the local children.

1028-bieber-03

Afterward, Bieber says it was, "one of the most amazing powerful experiences of my life."

Bieber says the experience helped him grow as a person -- saying, "I feel like they helped me as much as I helped them."

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11

stopthehate

Really Guatemala is not a jungle so be informed before you guys comment about a country ,that's really rude and if he did that good for him, at least he is doing something for those people and you guys with your horrible comments what are you doing ????? Stop the hate that's why we are how we are for people like you , and good for Justin !!!

lastrebel

Matthew 6:2
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
Matthew 6:4
That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

mak920

Well its good to see Scooter has finally made Justin do some good pr work. It is keeping him out of trouble if nothing else.

mak920

Why does Justin try to sound black when he talks? He;s a white kid form Canada. lol.

Valdemar

Wow. Bieber actually giving a child the shoes off his own feet - is a statement in and of itself. Makes me take a step back and think twice about this kid. If only he would have volunteered those AWFUL BLACK PANTS as well (ala guitar serenade) ... I would be even more pleased~!

Fred

Dear people saying Justin didn't actually do the work,
I didnt know you were there to see if he was doing anything or not. Thats right, you werent. So instead of making completly biased assumptions that arent based on fact whatsoever, you could acknowledge that this teenage boy helped build a school. When you were nineteen, were you building schools and giving away your expensive shoes and designer sunglasses? Unless you were, your opinion is invalid.

Fred

not only did he help build a school but he raised the money to build this school as well as multiple other schools from his believe tour. He gave his shoes away to a kid who didnt have any as wellas his sunglasses. Regardless of whether paparazzi were there or not (even thought they might inly be there because they follow him around, not so he can get good publicity) he still did all this amazing charity work. He should be getting praise. You don't see this from the average nineteen year old kid.

TC17

Bieber is ONLY doing this because he has a movie coming out and he wants to pretend he is some good guy.

When the truth is that he is a s***bag to most people in life... the only people who can't see that are the kids in love with him who are blinded by it.

And of course I see in the photos, Bieber has to take his shirt off to impress all the little kids. No one else in the photo has their shirt off.

TC17

Regarding my previous post, this website changed a word into something that looks totally different than what I said. I typed "s c u m b a g", not what it looks like in the post. It will probably do it to this one also.

TC17

Notice all the posts on the Youtube video. The photos, they are all little kids. Blinded because they are in love with Bieber.

If Bieber is their hero, what a sad thing to say for Americas future. This world is already full of jerks in life.

Its just angers me that people think that Bieber is some good guy. He is NOT.

It honestly will not be long before he joins his buddies in jail.

Previous 15 Comments | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11