« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

Alleged Child Murderer

Released from Jail

10/29/2013 12:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1029_ap_joseph-patterson_gettyThe man who allegedly beat Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son to death has just been released from jail.

27-year-old Joseph Patterson was released from Minnehaha County Jail in South Dakota this morning after posting $750,000 bond.

The bond was lowered from $1 million yesterday after Patterson pled not guilty in court. He has been charged with second degree murder and 2 counts of first degree manslaughter, as well as aggravated battery of an infant.  He has also been charged with felony child abuse.

Patterson, who was dating Adrian's baby mama at the time of the alleged attack on October 9th, was supposed to be caring for the child while she was away.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Laura

Ohhh... I see... THIS... P.O.S has been let out... huh? WELL... BEAT HIM TO DEATH!!!!!!!!

nhyink1

Are you f@&kin kidding me?! I can't believe they would let this piece of s*** outta jail! Our justice system is a joke.

August

George Bush brutally murdered thousands of innocent little children...blowing them up into millions of pieces and he's FREE & LIVING LIKE A KING!

CARAMEL96

WTF? What is wrong with the justice system? I pray that doesn't leave town and is nowhere to found when his trial begins. I know the family of the 2 year old is devestated

LuckeeD

If I were the mom, I would be paying this loser a visit the minute he gets home. Then I would be the only one worried about bail.

Christysmyname

If anyone does see this sh*t bag please hit him upside his head...baby killer.

demoncat

if nothing else maybe someone will do a favor and give him a taste of his own medicine and spare the court having to go any farther with this animal. though if not once he is senteced he will make some new friends in jail

Trixielolo77

It's extremely shocking this man could kill a 2 year old. Shaaaaaame shame shame

inkfreak

I sense a beatdown coming....

beverlywich

Why would a judge let him have a bond after what he did. Never let someone watch your child if he's not the father or if you just started dating him.

Gail

Why was he let out on bail? Everyone with a pending murder charge stays put! Just horrible news

Tuna212

He MURDERS a CHILD and is out on BAIL? In South Dakota? Well,if you are pi$$ed at someone,take them there to finish them off..

Bigred68

Seriously? Who wrote this "story"? "baby mama"?

tanya

he should of had no bail at all he killed a defenseless child my prayers go out to the familes

@ChrisTheReject_

Let's stop recognizing Adrian Peterson in this story! He didnt even know the kid! He was a dead beat. **** him and the murderer