« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Adrian Peterson

Alleged Child Murderer

Released from Jail

10/29/2013 12:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1029_ap_joseph-patterson_gettyThe man who allegedly beat Adrian Peterson's 2-year-old son to death has just been released from jail.

27-year-old Joseph Patterson was released from Minnehaha County Jail in South Dakota this morning after posting $750,000 bond.

The bond was lowered from $1 million yesterday after Patterson pled not guilty in court. He has been charged with second degree murder and 2 counts of first degree manslaughter, as well as aggravated battery of an infant.  He has also been charged with felony child abuse.

Patterson, who was dating Adrian's baby mama at the time of the alleged attack on October 9th, was supposed to be caring for the child while she was away.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

CARAMEL96

WTF? What is wrong with the justice system. I pray that he doesn't dissappear when it's time for his trial to start. I know the family of the 2 year old boy is devestated

melodyann

Released on bond.? Are you kidding? Whats even just as disgustingly insane is the child who was murdered mother going away & leaving the child . This poor kid didnt stand a chance with with the adults who were supposed to care for his saftey and needs. Shame on all of them.

RD

I just can't understand how a murderer can get out of jail by posting a bond? Seems like if you kill someone you stay in jail.

Barry Soetoro

Only in Obama's America. Yes we can!

Truth44

This is a F'n JOKE!!! I hope someone finds his a$$ on the street and helps us save some $$ come prosecution time!! POS!!!!!!!!!!!!

mak920

hi

mak920

Why is Adrian Peterson even in this story? He had never met the kid. The only person I feel sorry for is the poor kid who is now dead because he obviously had losers for parents including Adrian.

mak920

All I have to say is if Adrian Peterson really cared about his could he would've been there. I heard from several sources it was at the hospital on his deathbed was when Adrian first saw the kid. What a great father. lol. It's hard to feel bad for him but I do feel bad for the poor kid with loser parents he had no chance.

justpoor

No bond should be ever set when a child is murdered. Shame on the Judge who set bond for him.

B

somehow a white guy will get blame for this

Pappie Pumpkin

Disgusting that he was even granted bond. I wish TMZ would do a follow up story about how he came up with the money for bond.

Pappie Pumpkin