Chris Brown

3-Month Rehab Stint

For Anger Issues

10/30/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1029-chris-brown-tmzChris Brown will spend up to 3 MONTHS in a Malibu rehab joint for his anger problems ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the singer tell TMZ ... there has been no firm decision on the precise length of time Brown will stay, but everyone in Brown's camp -- including Brown himself -- is open to as much as 3 months.

One source put it this way ... "The rehab facility has been told to take him [Brown] apart and put him back together."

As TMZ first reported ... Brown is specifically getting treatment for his anger problem, which manifested itself last weekend when he was arrested for allegedly punching a guy in the face.

And, as we previously reported, Brown's lawyer, Mark Geragos, knows it's very likely the judge in the Rihanna case will revoke Brown's probation, which could put him behind prison bars for up to 4 years.  The rehab move is an act of good faith, showing Brown is dealing with his problems.

0624_chris_brown_troubled_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Marvin

What chris brown needs is every time he looks like he wants to say something he should get a cattle prog up his ass and swift kick to the balls.

DJFresh2def035

If Chris Brown Isn't In A Rehab That's Formatted Like Daytop He Will Not Get Help I Think Jail Is The Easy Way Out He Can Come Out Worse Going To Jail I Been in both Places And Daytop Changed My Life I'm going on 5 years clean I had Anger Issues and I know from experience if Chris Brown Is A Ritzy Rehab That Doesn't Confront his anger issues he will come out the same dude I Had to comment on this one He Needs To Be Exposed And Man Up.

Barwen

This punk belongs in jail!

Dehlia

Okay, right . . . I won't say I told you so re: CBrown. Anger manager is admitting that YOU DO HAVE A PROBLEM and getting help for it. At his first time it was a publicity stink, he couldn't cared less that he had been thrown in prison like jail or prison are where all men end up; no, its not where "all" men in end up, just Punks, Idiots, Morons, Followers, Illiterates', Drug Addicts who steal and get caught, Murderers, and the Like. Or in his case, boys trying to imitate other boys in the hood. What is it about getting locked up in any jail or facility??! A waste of taxpayer money and time. You know they say once a beater, always a beater . . . I hope in this case its one that he actually must stay in and get the help. This eenie, meanie, miny and moe, which one goes in and which one stays in is juvenile.

If jails/prisons are crowded, create more dang jobs and build a few more or larger jails and prisons; or suffer the consequences letting non rehabilitated criminals like Brown out.

BeHonest

There is a quick and easy way to get ride of his angry problem. Take all his money and possession away, then he will learn to be respectful to others.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9