« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaquille O'Neal

Political Playmaker

Christie Endorsement Was MY Idea

10/30/2013 2:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

103013_shaq_launch
Shaquille O'Neal's still calling the shots -- but now in the political arena -- telling TMZ it was HIS brilliant idea to endorse Republican NJ Gov. Chris Christie.

Shaq -- who's a native of Newark -- was in neighboring NYC last night when we asked about the Governor's newest strategy ... a 30-second campaign commercial featuring the big man (O'Neal not Christie).

Clearly, Shaq's a big fan ... telling us Christie's "a good man" who's done a lot for the Garden State. ...  that's why he came up with what could be a game winning play for the Governor.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

blockboy970

Shaq is from my hood Newark Nj but I'm ashame...he's turned into a big circus clown.

BB not bb

If Barbara Buono wans't so liberal on moral issues I could maybe vote for her. Christie is bad for the economy and bad for the environment and really does nothing to help the average person. He is all about popularity and helping special interests. He is pushing the Islamic agenda besides. He is no lover of the USA but an elitist interested in helping himself and his buddies.

This is typical of his tactics. A basketball player who doesn't even live in the state has really no expertise on this governor. It is all about creating a celebrity status to fool the people. I wouldn't take Shaq's advice on buying a box of cereal, let alone choosing a governor.

Christie is going to quit anyway when he tries to run for president, God help us. Obama is bad but this guy is shady also. He has some kind of thugs calling up houses asking who they are going to vote for. If you say you don't like some of his policies, they yell at you and then say they will put you as undecided. I said put whatever you want, but there is NO WAY I would vote for that guy.

It's Me

It is just a matter of time and everyone will see that Republicans want to help the middle-class by lowering taxes and making the government smaller. This is not what the Democrats have in mind where they give too much away then raise your taxes to pay for it.

ladydiinpa

What does Shaq know about New Jersey; has he ever lived there..I don't get where is knows anything about the state of New Jersey

I-See-Dumb-People

Shaq also endorses Buick, claiming how roomy and comfortable they are. However, we only ever see him standing outside the car, or closing the door once seated inside (with knees around the steering wheel). We never get to see him, nor the shoehorn, getting him in and out of the car.

And now we're supposed to take his political endorsements seriously? Sounds like another shoehorn to me.

mayron

I'm more of a liberal as well! But if Christie does really fight for the peoples benefits then thats alright by me! On another note shaq is a really funny guy, heres a video of him dressed as a girl singing beyonce, i stumbled upon it today!!

Dennis

He is, and always has been, a douche bag.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2