Courtney Love Lawsuit

You RUINED My Relationship

With My Daughter

11/1/2013 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1028_courtney_Frances-Bean-Cobain_getty
Courtney Love's relationship with her daughter Frances Bean Cobain was destroyed by a conniving lawyer who illegally meddled in their lives ... according to a lawsuit filed by Love and obtained by TMZ.

Love says she hired the attorney, Rhonda J. Holmes, in 2008 ... to help track down millions of dollars that Love suspected was stolen from the estate of her dead husband, Kurt Cobain.

In her lawsuit, Love says Holmes spent months on the case ... but never made any real progress because she was "too busy" with other stuff.  Love also claims Holmes tried to undermine her ... by writing a bizarre, secret letter to Love's daughter, Frances, who was 16 at the time.

According to the docs .. Holmes' letter warned Frances of a "very scary conspiracy" and that evil people were out to get her. It also said, "The sooner I have your support and hence the support of your Trust Fund, the sooner I can ease this matter out of your Mom's hands."

Love says she didn't find out about the letter for two years ... and says it should never have been written -- it's a breach of attorney-client confidentiality.

But even worse ... she says ... the letter ruined her mother-daughter relationship ... by convincing Frances that her mom could not be trusted to make the right decisions.

Love is suing Holmes for legal malpractice among other things and is claiming emotional distress.

We contacted Holmes' office ... but so far no response.

1101_whos_your_mommy_footer

nayrod64

Stay sober

Livvie

What ruined their relationship is that Courtney is a raging drug user and totally pathetic.

Sara

look at the pupils in both of their eyes....you cant tell me both them bitches aint on drugs.

Dead@27

I think Heroin might have also played a role.

lou

Who cares

-listen up-

if true, its very sad. but i also know court that if you really had a good relationship with your daughter in the first place, nothing can interfere with that. wish you the best.

Sapphiegirl

PUHLEEEEZ! COURTNEY RUINED HER RELATIONSHIP WITH HER DAUGHTER LOOOOOOOONG BEFORE SHE WAS 16! IN COURTNEY'S MIND, HER RAMPANT DRUG ABUSE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HER RELATIONSHIP WITH HER DAUGHTER. IN COURTNEY'S MIND, HER CRAZY TWEETS ACCUSING FORMER NIRVANA BAND MEMBERS OF ABUSING HER DAUGHTER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HER RELATIONSHIP WITH FRANCES.....DO I HAVE TO GO ON?

toony

I was at a lesbian club right after Kurt died and she brought Frances (who was a baby) into the club around 1am and proceeded to go into the DJ booth to harass and harangue the DJ (who she didn't know). She left Frances with her manny (who was a creep) the whole time. I got to hold and play with a baby at a lesbian club at 1am! When Courtney finally got tired of yelling at the DJ and look for her baby she found me playing with her in a quiet corner and started to yell at me! Worst. Mom. Ever.

Sue

Courtney, The real reason your daughter hates you , and everyone knows it, is YOUR stupid, foul, drug-infested, drinking, bad behavior that has been going on for decades !!

Who you think your fooling ? ONLY YOURSELF

thejerk

someone needs money.. going broke....

eff you courtney, farkin skank.

Kabala

An attorney named "Ronda"?

Gretel

I don't know about the money thing but Frances Bean never had a relationship with her mother, and more power to her. I hope she is and remains grounded.

J-Rock

Is it wrong that I want to have one wild night with Courtney where i have my way with her while treating her like trailer trash? With a condom, of course.

missbigshot

A lawyer cannot undermine her own client, even if the lawyer does not agree with the client. It is a conflict of interest. She has a legal duty to withdraw from the case. Courtney should file a complaint with the Bar Association against the lawyer. If the lawyer is reprimanded, then Courtney could use that in her civil case.

Veronica Lecter

i feel for you u courtney , no mother i perfect, and ,most arent judged online by millions,

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments