Eminem

I Was NOT Lip-Syncing, But ...

11/4/2013 12:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1104-eminem-getty-snl
Eminem is claiming he didn't pull an Ashlee Simpson on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for the rapper tells us Em was not lip-syncing during his performance of "Berzerk" ... but does admit he was using a vocal track underneath his live vocals.

Translation: live mic+vocal track = vocal help. Yes, technically ...it's not lip-syncing, but it's pretty damn close.

The rep adds, "He just likes this sound and if you listen to his albums they are done the same way."

Guilty conscience?

110413_eminem_snl_launch

YouDontSay

What are you talking about lip syncing. He is doing his thing with a back up tape (ie. same as back up singers). This has been done for decades having yourself sing different harmonies, etc. I am not a rap fan but he is Genius.

Tartuffe

Hey here's an idea- If you don't like Eminem's performance just shut up and go on with your life. Do not buy Ems new CD tomorrow when it goes on sale -MML2. Stop commenting here and stop thinking about things you dislike. Go on, listen to the Black Keys, Miley Cyrus, Fun or whatever.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

OMG, I heard that Kindle Jenner totally likes Eminem.

Jim

I won't debate whether or not rap is "singing". I saw the performance and after he was done, he stand there like he had just won a boxing match or something. He just stared at the audience and didn't react at all to their applause. He just looked like he was thinking, "Where am I? Who are all these people? Why are they clapping?" Would it hurt to smile or take a bow?

Diamond Goddess!

It was OBVS he was rapping to a backing track!!!
Either he raps softly or the vocal mic mix was messed up at first for both songs.
Em killed it, it sounded better than it would have without the track, he was thinking of his fans.
I'm OK with it.

*_* JUST A FRIEND *_*

...When the vocal track is loader than the live vocals, it's lip-syncing...It was bad lip syncing to boot...It's like his live performance doesn't matter to him because he's so impressed with his music, and he thinks people will be just as impressed with him as he is...Will the real slim shady please stand up, we seem to have a lip syncing imposter...
!!! TESTIFY !!!

texangirl64

Now TMZ are music Experts! Nice!

Voice-tracks are always used... I didn't know it was ever in question.

Yurra Knutz

♪...Two mic+vocal tracks go round the outside... round the outside... ♫

w

He was rapping over it but still cheating lol, speaking of cheating has he given credit yet to the beastie boys for ripping their music?

Just Jay

I'm sorry but Ashley did the same as he and other performers and got the bomb dropped on her for doing so.

Bridget

The background track was too loud, I don't know why. But what I find funny is how people are acting like they CAUGHT HIM. He obviously wasn't trying to hide he was using a background track. If he was, I think he would have kept the mic BY HIS MOUTH, lol. I have seen him in concert many times. He can and does sing live. So people insinuating he can't, are off base.

Anyway, SNL was terrible. Nothing but the opening sketch was funny. So even with the background being to loud, Eminem was the best part of the show by far.

joecrabs

Talentless boob. That guy playing the Stratocaster isn't even making any music either. That old dirty bum on the turntables isn't doing anything either. The whole bunch of idiots on that stage are just hopping around, dancing to that POS song.

backfire

LOVE EMINEM. BEST RAPPER AROUND.

OK